Complaint Review: ECM - East Coast Mechanical

• Updated: Wed, August 18, 2010

• Reported By: fay — boca raton Florida United States of America
ECM - East Coast Mechanical
1500 n. high ridge road, Boynton Beach, Florida United States of America

ECM - East Coast Mechanical East Coast Mechanical, Inc. blatant lies Boynton Beach, Florida

Do NOT, repeat Do NOT choose ECM as your service contractor for your home. I had the most horrible experience with them.

I have a replacement policy with them and when they told me my dryer part would not come in for at least three months, I said it would be reasonable to have it replaced.  'Pat' said no.

Pat who is in charge of customer relations, would not allow me to speak to the president of the company and refused any further discussion, except to say i can have a $100 credit towards a new dryer. She realized three months without a dryer is unreasonable.

I wrote to the Better Business Bureau and she replied that 'i never told the customer about a three month wait", a blatant, out and out lie since i had been speaking to every person in the company about that wait.

Finally, after weeks of not hearing from them or being allowed to speak to anyone with any authority (except the infamous Pat), I got through to someone who told me they can have it in three days after all, but i would have to prepay $385.00.

So, now i have to either shell out that money, or go out and buy a new dryer and i have already incurred costs for sending my laundry out during this time.

I offered to pay half of the amount in exchange for all the lies, and stress and time i spent on this, but the answer was no. My annual contract with them is almost $700 per year.

I was told the president of the company, jose ramirez, agreed and signed on to all this, without even replying to my several letters and calls.

This from 'the company that cares'..... I wonder how they would respond if they didn't care?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2010 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ECM-East-Coast-Mechanical/Boynton-Beach-Florida-33426/ECM-East-Coast-Mechanical-East-Coast-Mechanical-Inc-blatant-lies-Boynton-Beach-Florid-632765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ECM - East Coast Mechanical