Complaint Review: ECMC

• Updated: Thu, November 01, 2012

• Reported By: MrsT — Magnolia Texas United States of America
ECMC
PO BOX 75906 ST PAUL, Minnesota United States of America

ECMC Educational Credit Management Corporation snt a garnishment letter to my job to garnish 15% of wages on a debt I don't owe. I never had a student loan, I verified the promissory not was not signed by me, never went to the school; rude when as ST PAUL, Minnesota

Sent letter to employer to garnish my wages for 15% bi weekly; for a student loan they state I have; I've never had a student loan, nor went to the school they indicate, I requested a copy of the promissory not from '1985' advised them it was not my signature.  Sent copy of ss#, advise them in a written statement.  Claim they mailed a letter in August, but they don't send anything "certified" When I called back to inquire on the status of their 'investigation' which I was instructed to call in a day or two, I was told that it could be a week or two and collection would begin and remain until they could prove it wasn't my debt. I called to inquire and they were rude, when I asked if the company was a private or government company, they got defensive, and kept trying to place me on hold.  Each time I called back they would place me on hold, finally after about my 5th call before I could finish why I was calling they said let me transfer you to Dan Fisher. (who is suppose to be in the legal dept) He is suppose 'check' into it and call me back.  Haven't heard from him yet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2012 05:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ECMC/ST-PAUL-Minnesota-55175/ECMC-Educational-Credit-Management-Corporation-snt-a-garnishment-letter-to-my-job-to-garni-963409. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ECMC