Complaint Review: ECMC

• Submitted: Mon, June 27, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, July 02, 2011

• Reported By: Terilyng — San Jose California U.S.A.
ECMC
San Jose, California United States of America

ECMC Took my tax returns San Jose, California

*Consumer Comment: Social security?

*Consumer Comment: Hey steven go jump of a bridge nobody cares to listen what you have to say that Is what you tell me you're since everybody loves to ruin things for me and lie about me and to destroy my life

*Consumer Comment: Stacey is correct

*Consumer Comment: Just wait til you start getting social security

*Author of original report: Thank You for some sound advice.

*Consumer Suggestion: FILE A COMPLAINT WITH YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL

*Author of original report: Thank you

*Consumer Comment: Leeches?

*Consumer Comment: Don't pay em Squat!

*Consumer Suggestion: THEY are bastards????

*Consumer Comment: Student loans

Well I had defaulted on my student loan and they call me every day, they have taken 2 of my last tax returns also.  I talked to a indivisual at ECMC and I said let me get this straight I can pay you my 50 dollars a month to try and pay this off but yet by the time the end of the year is up the fees interest, administrative fees, and all the other fees they charge will be accummulating during the time I am paying them and by the end of the year the 50 dollars a month will not even put a dent towards what is owed in fact I will owe more that before and her response was " Ya I know" They will never get another cent out of me if it is the last thing I ever do.  I am just going to reinstate my bankrupacy, I have no choice.  B**tards a total ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2011 06:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ECMC/San-Jose-California-/ECMC-Took-my-tax-returns-San-Jose-California-746112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ECMC

Social security?

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Will this even still be around?
Hey steven go jump of a bridge nobody cares to listen what you have to say that Is what you tell me you're just a a**hole punk.  People wont to say cruel things to me like I am a nobody,  loser,  I just have to ignore all the mean comments people tell me.

Everybody loves to ruin things for me & lie about me and to destroy my life.

Stacey is correct

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Student loans can not be discharged in Bankruptcy unless it is a case of extreme hardship.  That is that the income you have coming in, won't even come close to paying it off and there is no foreseeable opportunity for you to get enough income.

With your statement that your last two tax returns(refunds?) would have paid off the loan leads me to believe that you do not fall into this category.  However, unless you can work it out with this company you are going to have to continue to have the garnishment.

Now,  if you do go the bankruptcy route the judge may order them to waive things such as the penalties and interest so you can pay it off.  But on a $1,000 loan it seems a little excessive to claim Bankruptcy especially if you say you COULD have paid it off in certain circumstances.

Just wait til you start getting social security

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

Recent changes in the law allow the government to garnish your social security check for any unpaid student loans.

Your best bet is to see what kind of hardship if any you can get to delay paying back the loan until you make more money but you will have to end up paying it in the end.

Of course you are always free to complain or hire a lawyer to fight this but in the end the result will be you will have to pay back at least the principal of the student loan and some kind of interest. The government goes after student loan defaults with about the same zeal as IRS tax collectors.

Thank You for some sound advice.

AUTHOR: Terilyng - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for the information.  It is the first sound advice I have recieved except from another person in Texas.
Have great fourth of July.
Terilyn

#6 Consumer Suggestion

FILE A COMPLAINT WITH YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL

AUTHOR: Nathan - (U.S.A.)

Don't listen to those other idiots.  They are brain dead from listening to Sarah Palin.  I suggest you file a complaint with your attorney general of your state and the state this collection agency is in.

Get as much proof and you can.  It sounds like they may be loan sharking by adding on all kinds of fees etc.  They are crooks.  Also file a complain with the Federal Trade Commission FTC.gov  You also need to start recording the phone calls.  10 calls in one day.  Its harassment.  Get yourself a NACA lawyer.  They will help you

every complaint helps.

nathan

AUTHOR: Terilyng - (U.S.A.)

I just had a response from some moron telling me off when he has no idea what is going with my finances.  But ECMC will continue to take my tax returns for the rest of  my life I tried to talk them and all I could pay is 50.00 a month and it will not even put a dent into it.  It is not that I don't want to pay it back basically I can't I will paying the rest of my life for a 1019.00 dollar loan, which my two last tax returns would have paid it off, but they are tacking on pentalties and interest and what ever else they feel fit today. I don't know what to do.

Leeches?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Well, once again, Mr. Rik is off his meds.

YOU don't pay a loan YOU incurred and YOU owe and he is advising you to just ignore the "leeches".

His advice, usually, will get people in more trouble if followed.

Man up and pay up....you DO owe it.

Don't pay em Squat!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Don't waste your time trying to pay these leeches, you will only be wasting your time and digging yourself in deeper.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

THEY are bastards????

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Who ran up the debt?     Who didn't pay it?  Who do you think is REALLY the b*****d here?

This sounds like a rather large balance is owed and you want to pay $600 a year...not too smart.

I think if someone owed you money and didn't pay it back, you would be upset...what's different about this debt?

GROW UP!!

Student loans

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Cannot be discharged in bankruptcy unless it is a hardship financially.  I have researched this thoroughly - talked to an attorney and found that if you owe more than you can pay in a lifetime is the only way a Judge would consider this.