Complaint Review: ECMC

• Submitted: Wed, January 19, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, January 19, 2011

• Reported By: BobbyinTN — Hendersonville Tennessee United States of America
Lock Box 8639, P.O. Box 75848 St. Paul, Minnesota United States of America

ECMC - Educational Credit Management Corporation Ripping me off with absurd interest rates and ignoring money paid St. Paul Minnesota

In 1985 I got my first student loan. That loan was for 2500 dollars. I got another loan for the next year but never used it. It was still used by the school and I was told I had to pay for it. After about 20 years of interest bringing the money owed to about 10,000 dollars, my fight with the student loan people paid off, I got enough proof to show them I had never used the money and they wiped the entire debt clean except for the original 2500 dollars. I started paying on it. I had paid over a thousand dollars and ECMC took control and those payments vanished into what they called "interest". I have been unemployed since 2006 and have told them, but I've still been sending them money. The amount keeps going up. They now say I owe them $3215.17. I refuse to give them another cent. I'd be more than happy to participate in a class action lawsuit against these people. They are thieves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2011 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ECMC/St-Paul-Minnesota-55175-0848/ECMC-Educational-Credit-Management-Corporation-Ripping-me-off-with-absurd-interest-rates-684317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ECMC