Complaint Review: ECMC

P.O. box1708 St.Paul, Missouri United States of America
  • Phone: 800367-1590
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

ECMC Educational credit mngmt corp. Took My Taxes/Left Me and My Child without NOTHIN St.Paul, Missouri

*Author of original report: continue to your questions.

*Consumer Comment: question

*Consumer Comment: You left out something.

I dont understand why this just happen but im so upset and confused dont know what to do and i just dont want to walk away from this situation and let these people take me and my childs money.i filed my taxes and once i finally got it i didnt even get to see it because these ECMC people took everything.I got back 6,481.00 I cry every day because i have a son thats 9 and we lost everything we had 2 years ago and been homeless

and living in motels and with the only family i have which is my sister house and i been struggling and tryin to make things better and thinking and prayin to get my taxes and once i get them they take my money with no calls or warning just a letter in the mail sayin u took my money with out my permission and then when i callled regarding the situation they were rude and didnt care.im homeless with a kid no baby daddy h year and a helping no family and just lost my oldest sister

last year and her unborn child just so much been going on and now i dont have  no place and no car nothing. [continued below]....
...... and they told me to make payment arrangements for the rest of the loan and keep tryin to set up the arrangements after they took 6,481.00 like are you serious is this our world and how fuck up people really are... Cause thats not right and i no no one really cares but i do and all i have is my heart,my son and myself and god and thats not gonna put a roof over me and my sons head or pay for doctor bills or anything...I want this fix now and want somethings

back so i can get a place and car for me and my son... its just not right and its sad that people just like seeing people down and with nothin and on the streets  exspecially  me someone that dont deserve the shit i just want a better life for my child is that hard to ask for.. How can you guys fix my problem and can you....i reallky need the help now i have my son to think about f*ck everything else...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2013 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ECMC/StPaul-Missouri-55101/ECMC-Educational-credit-mngmt-corp-Took-My-TaxesLeft-Me-and-My-Child-without-NOTHIN-StP-1040321. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ECMC

continue to your questions.

AUTHOR: shaundrea b - ()

i have tried to pay the loan back before but since i was homeless which means moving around that made it hardto do of anything and i havent heard from these people til now and i have worked and you can still work regardless of your situation...the loan is in defereant andthey want me to pay more money to them after they took my taxes and its not about that its abpout my taxes and what that company did....thay could had left me something..

question

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

If you're homeless, it's likely you're also unemployed. So how did you manage to get a REFUND of taxes paid, when you haven't paid into the system?

You left out something.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - ()

You spent your whole post on how hard your life is, but didn't ever mention defaulting on a student loan (which would seem to be the key to this issue).    Confiscating tax refunds is one way that is commonly used to collect on those loans that were guaranteed by the government.   Since you didn't care to elaborate on anything other than your troubles,  I'll have to assume that this is the case.

If you don't care to make any arrangements to pay off your loans, this will keep happening.   Your best bet is to adjust your withholding amounts so that you're not giving the government a large interest free loan every year.   The less they withhold, the less they can confiscate.