Complaint Review: ECMC

• Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: Arch Student — California United States of America
ECMC
1 Imation Place, Building 2 Oakdale, MN 55128 Internet United States of America

ECMC EXMC Group ECMC gives fake hopes for Deferment and brings account into default, charging 18% to 25% collection fee from account balance. Application was never processed! Internet

ECMC contacted me and offered to process a Deferment of my student loan.  I was assured over the phone that I will be qualified for it. (I lost my job, and just went through a surgery, could not work.  I was on food stamps at that time.)

I never received any confirmation of not being rejected for Deferment.  In 6 month my account goes into Default.  ECMC end up charging 25% collection fee from my $90,000 student loan making my loan over $110,000. They offer recovery repayment plan while they look into what happened to my application.  The lady who was put on my case (Diane Zitur) was absolutely helpless and only talked non-stop trying to shut me up and to convince I was wrong.

Now I went through the repayment plan and my loan was given to another company.  I am still trying to get to the bottom of what happened to my deferment application.  Was it even every given to Sallie Mae? I doubt it.  Sallie Mae didn't have my account for a while.
Similar story to this one: http://www.ripoffreport.com/loans/ecmc/ecmc-failure-to-process-appli-d0a62.htm
Complete rip Off!
Good luck everybody!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2013 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ECMC/internet/ECMC-EXMC-Group-ECMC-gives-fake-hopes-for-Deferment-and-brings-account-into-default-charg-1017468. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ECMC