Complaint Review: ECONO LUBE, CARSON CALIFORNIA

• Submitted: Sat, March 08, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, April 03, 2012

• Reported By:peoria Arizona
ECONO LUBE, CARSON CALIFORNIA
CARSON AND AVALON BLVDS. CORNER CARSON, California U.S.A.

ECONO LUBE, CARSON CALIFORNIA Over Charges for a simple brake job and was not done properly! CARSON California

*Consumer Comment: This is too funny and too true

*Consumer Comment: Lies Lies lies and more

*UPDATE Employee: This lady has issues!!!!!!!

*Consumer Comment: IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE THIS REPORT?

I took my jeep to this place for a simple brake job that ended up costing almost $300. to begin with. 20 mins onto the freeway and I still here the rotors grinding. I took it back on monday (2) DAYS LATER because they are closed on sunday. The owner screamed at me and told me to take my "pieve of shit car somewhere else". I told him I was leaving to Arizona and that the only reason I was still in los angeles was for them to repair the brakes correctly like I had paid them for in the first place. He slammed my car door and told me to go to hell and that he had better things to take care of and customers who were going to pay a lot more money to him then my "chump change". I was so scared of driving 400 miles with my car like this I had to pay another mechanic $280. for the brakes to be done and he tells me it looks like all they did was "turn the rotors" I did not even have the new brake pads that I had paid them for. They are a ripoff and take advantage of people who appear to not know about the repair of vehicles.

Tedahmae
peoria, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2008 05:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ECONO-LUBE-CARSON-CALIFORNIA/CARSON-California-90746/ECONO-LUBE-CARSON-CALIFORNIA-Over-Charges-for-a-simple-brake-job-and-was-not-done-properl-316097. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ECONO LUBE, CARSON CALIFORNIA

This is too funny and too true

AUTHOR: Michael Williams - (United States of America)

I KNOW this lady and also know that she did not use foul language when she was at this business.  I was on the phone with her for a few minutes when she was there waiting for the work to be done. It has been a while, like almost 3 years I guess? But this lady is in all sense a lady and I remember that when the work was done she came to our house and said she had to take the truck back THE SAME DAY. She called the shop and they told her they were closing and not open on sunday. I gave her my car to use on sunday and on monday she took her truck back to those guys and the owner she said rode with her a few blocks and told her there was nothing they could do.  SHE DID take her car to another shop and they fixed the rotor problem, I TOOK HER.  FYI, she was transferred to AZ as a promotion and her sons father visits often.  She is an excellent mom and very caring to family and friends and I HAVE NEVER seen or heard of her being disrespectful or use foul language.  If you want to protest a complaint, you can do so without the lies. Knowing her reputation, you just made yourself look even worse.

Michael Williams

AUTHOR: Tedahmae - (U.S.A.)

First of all "Alex" it is not necessary to lie. No I did not rant and rave or whatever when I came to your shop. I had no reason to I was completely content and happy. I was not at that time treated badly at all. Not until I called the following business day that you were opened and expressed my complaint, in as much still I did not rant or rave, scream or holler. You all were friendly enough and actually quite pleasant. It was not I who made the comment about my son's "father" but the person who was with me. Although most of which was true as well. It was and still is rather funny. I did not call or come to your shop for the second time until THE FOLLOWING BUSINESS DAY that you were open. which I believe was monday, I came in saturday to initially get the work done. Noticed the problem the same day but could not make it back before you were closed and so had to return on Monday.
I used no foul language at all until your owner did and said what he did that monday. I could have said more or did something else. But instead I came here. So dude here's the deal. My brakes are fixed, life is great. and by the way so is my wonderful son. Yada Yada...whatever. P.S. And by the way if my memory serves me I also tipped you $10.00. We know what happened at that shop and that's what matters to me. Sometimes people to let the melanin in others cause reactions that are not politically correct and I think that is what happened. Did you vote? Peace

AUTHOR: Tedahmae - (U.S.A.)

This lady has issues!!!!!!!

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

I'm the servicewriter who took care of this customer when she came in. I specifically remember her because it's really hard not to. From the minute she stepped into the shop she had problems... and I don't mean only car problems. She came in ranting and screamin about how her boyfriend, whom I might add was a mechanic, had screwed sum girl called "LEMON HEAD" and she didnt want that (in her own words) S.O.B. to touch her car.

All this was being said nice and loud to the point where customers were just turning their heads and wondering what was happening. So we did the work she needed beacause she was getting ready to go to Arizona in an attempt of getting away from her ex and "LEMONHEAD" and in all that takin his child far away from him... Little side note, the profanity ladden tirade was in front of her sweet 4-6 yr old child whom I thought was a pleasant little guy and deserves a little better upbringing. Well we did the repair and replaced the 2 rotors and brakes (we have receipts to prove they were new).

She calls up a week later talkin about her car was making all these noises and stuff so we tell her to bring it in to the shop to check it out. She arrives at the shop and she hadn't stepped off the car yet when she was cussing out the owner and everyone who tried to reason with her.... And all this still in front of her little kid whom was just looking at her in fear. The owner told her with that attitude we are not going to do anything for her so she cussed him out and sped off... I think this person is just upset with life... I don't know how people that unstable are out on the streets. Juts makes you count your blessings when you get home safely everyday!

IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE THIS REPORT?

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

I've been taking my cars (7) to Econo Lube N Tune, in Carson for many years. When I first went the owner was very helpful on all my repairs and even did minor work at no charge as a customer service. Now the owner's son has been running the business for about 6 years or so and I'm in their location on a regular basis and observe him and his employees interacting with customers and have never seen any such reaction to customers. There work has always been top notch. One example, my 2002 Chrysler Town & Country broke down about 35 miles for his location and would not shift out if first gear. I drove it slow to his location and was prepared to hear I needed a new transmission or to have it rebuilt. I left it over night and they called the next day saying I needed a $35.00 part to correct the problem. Right then I became a customer for life! I've been to many repair locations and they are the most honest and trustworthy business people I've ever met.

thoroughly