Complaint Review: ECONOMY LUBE

• Updated: Sat, December 16, 2006

• Reported By:Kitchener Ontario
ECONOMY LUBE
10 Manitou Dr Kitchener, Ontario Canada

Economy Lube lied and said services where needed and over did my oil change. ripoff Kitchener Ontario

*Author of original report: EMPLOYEE AT THAT TIME WAS NOT AUTHORIZED TO PRESSURE CUSTOMERS INTO PURCHASING ITEMS NOT NEEDED

I NEVER SPENT A 100 BUCKS ON AN OIL CHANGE UNTILL I WENT TO ECONOMY LUBE HERE IN KITCHENER.THEY TOLD ME MY AIR FILTER AND VALVE NEEDED TO BE CHANGED SO I AGREED TO IT. I WAS ALSO TOLD THAT MY TRANSMISSION OIL AND RAD FLUID NEEDED TO BE CHANGED OR MY MOTOR WOULDNT LAST A FEW MORE HOURS.THAT IT WOULD COST ME THOUSANDS TO FIX IT. HE SHOWED ME SOME METAL CHIPS ON THE DIP STICK FOR THE TRANSMISSION. AT THAT TIME I FINANCIALLY COULDNT AFFORD THOSE TWO SO SAID I WOULD BRIN GIT BACK IN.

AFTER 4 DAYS AND 1200 KM LATER I TOOK IT TO ANOTHER PLACE IN KITCHENER CALLED OIL CHANGERS AND IT WAS LOOKED AT IN FRONT OF ME AND HE SAID THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE TWO. HE ALSO EXPLAINED TO ME THAT IF THERE WAS METAL CHIPS IN MY OIL THAT IT WOULD SINK TO THE BOTTOM AND WOULDNT BE VISIABLE ON THE STICK.

SO THAT ECONOMY WAS WRONG AND JUST TRYING TO GET ME TO BUY TWO PRODUCTS THAT DIDNT NEED TO BE DONE. THE GUY AT OPIL CHANGERS ON VICTORIA DIDNT CHARGE ME ANYTHING FOR HIS TIME OR FOR CHECKING OUT THE ITEMS I ENQUIRED ABOUT SO I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM TO YOU ALL.

I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO ECONOMY LUBE AGAIN AND HAVE ALLREADY PLACED A FILE AGAINST THEM THREW THE BBB. BEWARE OF ECONOMY LUBE.I HAVE SEEN MANY REPORTS ABOUT THEM HERE AND THATS WHY I WENT TO ANOTHER PLACE TO DOUBLE CHECK.

Prudence
Kitchener, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2006 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ECONOMY-LUBE/Kitchener-Ontario/Economy-Lube-lied-and-said-services-where-needed-and-over-did-my-oil-change-ripoff-Kitche-224377. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ECONOMY LUBE

AUTHOR: Prudence - (Canada)

I WAS CONTACTED BY ECONOMY LUBE'S CEO AND WAS GIVEN A COUPON FOR A FREE OIL CHANGE BECAUSE OF THE SERVICE I RECEIVED.

WE PLAN TO TALK IN THE FUTURE REGARDING MY MISHAP WITH THE MANITOU LOCATION HERE IN KITCHENER.

I STILL DO NOT AGREE THAT THE SERVICES WHERE SAID THAT WHERE NEEDED ON MY VECHILE (BUT THATS MY OPINION)AND WILL LET THE MAN OF THE HOUSE BRING MY VEHICLE TO DO ANY OIL CHANGES IN THE FUTURE.

I WAS TOLD THAT THEIR EMPLOYEE AT THAT TIME WAS NOT AUTHORIZED TO PRESSURE CUSTOMERS INTO PURCHASING ITEMS NOT NEEDED AND THIS WAS SOMETHING THEY DO NOT DO.

HE DELT WITH THE ISSUE AND FEEL THERE WAS NOTHING MORE THE COMPANY COULD DO TO COMPINSATE FOR THE SERVICE THAT DAY.