Complaint Review: ECS

• Reported By: Carol — Pennsylvania
ECS
Nationwide USA

ECS Jackie Hall Fraudulent Company trying to get money I do not owe florida

*Author of original report: Follow up

I received a voicemail from Jackie Hall on 5/2/14 stating that she is a court processor and I am being sued and she needs to verify my address and I only have one day to respond.  She calls from a Florida number 561-463-8328, says she is in Pittsburgh, Pa and gives 877-229-5028 as a call back number.  I googled the numbers and numerous complaints came up.  I do not owe any outstanding debts.  I then received calls from family and old neighbors that were contacted by Jackie Hall asking them to verify the last four of my social, my b-day, my employer and my address because I am being sued for an unpaid debt.  When you call the number back it is obviously a call center and they answer ECS.  I contacted my local police dept, the pa attorney general, and the BBB.  I do not owe any money for deliquent accounts of any kind.  This company is fraudulant and practicing in an illegal manor.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2014 08:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ECS/nationwide/ECS-Jackie-Hall-Fraudulent-Company-trying-to-get-money-I-do-not-owe-florida-1143942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ECS

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

I spoke to the PA Attorney Generals office and was told that according to the Fair Debt Collection Practices a debt collector cannot say anything to anyone besides the debtee that may imply they owe a debt. They also said that a real creditor will have your information And do not call you before they sue. I tried to call the company and I recorded the call. it just played music. I do not owe anything to anyone!