Complaint Review: EDD

• Updated: Tue, August 07, 2012

• Reported By: Kishore — Modesto California United States of America
EDD
Sacramento Internet United States of America

EDD Laid off of work after 12 yrs unemployment ck not correct, filed claim they stopped sending me $$. how do we survive have house payment n bills, kid to take care of called ppl not helpful at all Internet

*Consumer Comment: Try Filing Using the Online Form.

I just got laid off my job after 12 years w/Aramark Uniform Service in Modesto. I filed for unemployment for the first time in my life and they mis calculated my income so I filed for  a re-evaluation suggested by the lady that called to interview me (Ann)  after I first filed.   I received a few checks in the beginning and they stopped.   Just want to know how they expect us to live with no job, a house payment, bills and kids to take care of.   I believe they should keep sending me the checks they think I should receive and then if any changes make a separate check as retro.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2012 07:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EDD/internet/EDD-Laid-off-of-work-after-12-yrs-unemployment-ck-not-correct-filed-claim-they-stopped-s-923972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EDD

Try Filing Using the Online Form.

AUTHOR: Jim S - (United States of America)

The folks that work at EDD are pretty worthless and the less you deal with them, the better.  Make certain you reference the previous filing because you don't want your filing to get caught up in the 'waiting period', and then you'll never get a check.  Even if they call to contest your filing, make certain you have a couple of check stubs to verify the gross wages by quarter (they're a stickler about those stupid things).

Be relentless. it's your money.  Best of luck to you.