Complaint Review: EDP Card

• Submitted: Tue, January 30, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, January 31, 2007

• Reported By:Princeton North Carolina
EDP Card
EDP Reporting.com Internet U.S.A.

EDP Card Debited $159.95 without my consent. thank you ripoff report Internet

I was debited an electronic check from my account for $159.95. It said Pre-authorized check on it. I never approved anything from them and I am not sure how they acquired my information. I called the number listed on my account and, even though they said their hours were from 9-5, I kept getting a message saying I was calling after hours. I called my bank and they said that I would have to contact EDP, which I could not do.

I looked on the internet for stuff about the company and I saw something on this website about having 60 days to contact the bank. It also said to mention reporting it to the bank commission of my state and Federal Regulation E As soon as I said that they were quick to help.

Thanks to you guys, I was able to fix this problem within an hour. I do not have a lot of money, so 159.95 out of my account is a big deal to me. My only question is what sort of action is being taken against this company??? I now have to change my account and go through getting new checks and another debit card. Is anything happening to these people, though?

Bri
Princeton, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2007 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EDP-Card/internet/EDP-Card-Debited-15995-without-my-consent-thank-you-ripoff-report-Internet-233497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EDP Card