Complaint Review: EDP Reporting

• Submitted: Fri, August 17, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, August 17, 2007

• Reported By:Cohoes New York
EDP Reporting
www.edpreporting.com Laurel Canyon, California U.S.A.

EDP Reporting scammed, piad for a visa card and never even received it. Ripoff Laurel Canyon California

On day while browsing the web for sites that claim to give you a payday advance, I thought, what the heck, I might try it. "What's the worst thing that could happen?" The worst thing that could have happened was that a third party took this information, and deducted $159.95 from my checking account. I looked at my bank statement, and was upset. I was treading in financial disaster, so i was very careful to not apply for something unless I could pay it off credit wise. It's what shocked me the most becaase my $17 for the week until I got paid again, was gone, plus I had a negative balance. I had to blow up the check that went through it said The Homeland Visa card. I was like, "I never ordered that?", Did I? It had me second guessing myself. I went to my online history and carefully viewed the sites I visited that day...I did not visit a Homeland Visa site...anways...

I typed in edp reporting into my browser on Friday June 13th (how ironic is that?). What came up, was other stories like mine, and I immediately went to the bank to file fraud forms. I tried several times to get a refund from edp and they keep claiming that there is only one way to have charges, and that's to go to the site and authorize it, which they claim I did, and they have the info and the timestamp...I even called my bank(8/17) to ask them how the investigation was coming, they told me that EDP has proof of the transaction...so I lose. I called EDP and the voice message said "WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING E-MAILS OR CALLS. PLEASE WRITE TO US. The rattle off a snail mail address so fast , you have to call back and wait and wait just to hear the message again, followed by "you're call is important to us, we are eager to serve you" while they say they can't get to the call, "please e-mail us"....I'm also switching banks now...but that's another report

Jcharpentier
Cohoes, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2007 03:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EDP-Reporting/Laurel-Canyon-California/EDP-Reporting-scammed-piad-for-a-visa-card-and-never-even-received-it-Ripoff-Laurel-Cany-268325. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EDP Reporting