Complaint Review: EDP Reporting

• Reported By:vacaville California
EDP Reporting
Unknown Internet U.S.A.

EDP Reporting misrepresentation Ripoff Internet

I thought I was applying for a credit card, NOT a debit card. I found out too late that it was a debit card. I was never given a chance to download any type of so-called agreement showing their "terms and conditions" which I presumably signed. Why in the world would I sign up for a debit card which I have to load myself when I live on a fixed income? And therefore, because it is a debit card, why did I have to pay THEM $159.95? I've never heard of such a thing and e-mailed them that I want my money back. They e-mailed me back that according to their so-called "terms and conditions," I was ineligible for a refund and that a refund has to be requested within 3 days of application. I didn't know that either. I've reported them to the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs because I feel I was grossly misled and was ripped off to the tune of $159.95. I hope this doesn't happen to another suspecting person and that they are stopped immediately from this type of thievery.

vacaville, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2007 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EDP-Reporting/internet/EDP-Reporting-misrepresentation-Ripoff-Internet-254287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EDP Reporting