Complaint Review: EDPReporting

• Submitted: Fri, January 30, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 30, 2009

• Reported By:Perry Florida
15165 Ventura Blvd.Suite 200 Sherman Oaks, California U.S.A.

EDPReporting Charged $4495 to my bank account for some type of card application, which I had not completed or submitted before it just disappeared from my pc screen. I never received any kind of "card". Sherman Oaks California

I was on the internet filling out a survey when the screen popped up to fill in an application, which I still thought was part of my survey. Before I had finished filling out the "application" it disappeared from my screen. Then I realized it was not part of the survey I was filling out, but did not know how to get it back.

Next thing I know, I am charged $44.95 on my bank statement; inquired with my bank what it was for and they gave an 800 # and said it just showed "EDPReporting". When I called the 800 # I'd been given, they said that it was for an application fee for a "card". I don't know if it was a credit card, atm card or what and they couldn't tell me. They did however, send me a form to cancel the application, which I received, filled out and returned with a copy of my bank statement reflecting the $44.95 charge.

Yesterday I received a phone message saying they received my form but would have to send another because I had "over-written" on the one I sent in and that it was against their policy to accept the form with anything but my signature & date!

The "order date" was 1/3/09, the charge cleared my bank 1/8/09. The cancellation & refund form (C&R) states that after 3 days of submitting application and your bank will not be charged, but that a "full refund will be made if a request is received within 5 days after the date that you receive your bank statement showing the deducted funds and statement date." By Jan 8 '09, I still had received no application process status nor had I received any type of "card".

Now I am waiting for them to send me yet another C&R form to be resubmitted to them. They seem to be charging an application fee only and have little or no information on what I actually supposedly ordered; ie; type card.

Perry, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2009 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EDPReporting/Sherman-Oaks-California-91403/EDPReporting-Charged-4495-to-my-bank-account-for-some-type-of-card-application-which-I-h-418200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EDPReporting