Complaint Review: EDebit Pay

• Submitted: Wed, December 28, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, December 28, 2005

• Reported By:Kissimmee Florida
EDebit Pay
5301 Laurel Canyon Valley Village, California U.S.A.

EDebit Pay, perpetual rip off scam artist edebitpay.com Valley Village California

On 12/20/2005 I find my checking account has a debit of $159.99. The online banking shows a computer generated copy of the check which contains the number 1-800-430-0672, not knowing what the charge is I call.

How ironic that I am immediately fed a message informing me "If you are calling about charges to your account..." and ".... for faster service reach us at our website. Being told by the machine it was not regular business hours yet I tried the website. All in all I sent five e-mails requesting information on who they were, when I signed up for this, and to cancel and refund my money asap.

In addition I called the 1-800 until 4:00 pm my time and was on hold- never once did I hear a live voice- for over an hour, total time. The next morning I have three replies, one says "There is only one way you can have a debit to your account.." and goes on to describe a debit card I supposedly requested. The second telling me that someone had replied already and repeated word for word the first response, and finally the last response "How can I help you?" Are you serious? Yes they were.

I answered all three emails again requesting my money again ask they cancel membership again. No reply again. Frustrated and tired,(did I mention seven checks bounced as a result, seven $30.00 fees were incurred as a result)I googled the company name, to my surprise, not really ,the company has many complaints against it including one that appears at this site. All the complaints alleged the same scam- the same way- the same amount and of course the same lame choregraphed responses word for word.Just to amuse you further I'll add the company is rated an "F" on the Better Business Burea's website and has over 75 complaints against it.

I've begged for my money, paid ridiculous bank fees, filed a complaint, and this company goes about it's "business" scamming people everyday. How is this possible. Please you the experts explain to me how these people can continue to do this?

Diana
Kissimmee, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2005 01:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EDebit-Pay/Valley-Village-California-91607/EDebit-Pay-perpetual-rip-off-scam-artist-edebitpaycom-Valley-Village-California-169564. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EDebit Pay