Complaint Review: EDebitPay

• Submitted: Fri, July 06, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, July 06, 2007

• Reported By:Oklahoma City Oklahoma
EDebitPay
5301 Laurel Canyon Blvd. Suite 132 Valley Village, California U.S.A.

EDebitPay - EDP Technologies Corporation - Sterling Prepaid MasterCard Pre-paid credit cards No card received and No authorization to debit account, deceptive application process ripoff Valley Village California

I was applying for what I thought was a credit card. Once I realized it was a debit card, which I have four of at no cost, I immediately closed the web application.There was no electronic signature. EDebit Pay debited my account on a Friday. The check by phone for $159.95 which put my account in the negative was dated on the previous Wednesday. The immediate Monday after that I notified my bank (Chase). They contacted EDebit Pay and that representative stated they had my IOP address, which does not qualify as an electronic signature. At that point they said it had been three (3) business days (Wed - Fri) even though the check did not show on my account until Friday. Chase would not support my claim. I had about 200.00 in bank fees. I never received anything from the EDebit Pay. They sent a bogus fraud form and said take it to the police. The form looked like an uneducated person drafted it. In OKC, the police, county sherrif and AG do not handle cases like this and all stated that Chase Bank should handle the claim. I would participate in any kind of action against this company.

Also, this company has several aliases and continues to send unsolicitied emails to my email address.

Thank You!

John
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2007 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EDebitPay/Valley-Village-California-91607/EDebitPay-EDP-Technologies-Corporation-Sterling-Prepaid-MasterCard-Pre-paid-credit-car-259105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EDebitPay