Complaint Review: EDebitPay

• Submitted: Mon, October 31, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, November 01, 2005

• Reported By:Seguin Texas
EDebitPay
5301 Laurel Canyon Blvd Suite 132 Valley Village, California U.S.A.

EDebitPay ripoff from a company I have never dealt with! Valley Village California

*Author of original report: EdibitPay, same people different name: https://yoursilvercard.com/index.asp?masteraff=258741&aff=1. Valley Village, CA

On Saturday, 10/29/05, I checked my checking account balance online only to find out I have been debitted 159.95! I went to the bank, got a copy of the electronic check and went home to call the 800 number. Of course they were closed for the weekend.

So during that time I decided to look them up online only to find I'm not the only one that has been ripped off by those thieves. I read up on all the good advice on badbusinessbureau.com, and other sources. I went to the bank first thing this morning (actually a credit union) and told them what was going on. She filed a report stating that I hadn't authorized the transaction and that possibly it can be reversed.

I come home, and as others have said, they are unreachable by phone, just got the run around telling me to use thier website. And get this, if you are a cardholder, you actually have to pay to speak to an operator!!!

So thats where I stand so far, a report at the credit union, and btw, they were most cooperative. If this doesn't work I think I'll take that other fellow from Virginia's advice and go to the Better Business Bureau in California.

I'll keep you folks posted as to the progress of this matter.

Mark
Seguin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2005 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EDebitPay/Valley-Village-California-91607/EDebitPay-ripoff-from-a-company-I-have-never-dealt-with-Valley-Village-California-162709. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EDebitPay

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

There's good news in this case. My credit union put the 159.95 back in my account, and the overdrawn fee! Same day as my complaint!
One thing I would like to add: this company has many faces. Just check out this spam site, same people different name: https://yoursilvercard.com/index.asp?masteraff=258741&aff=1.
I would like to thank al the people at www.badbusinessbureau.com for giving me the knowledge to deal with this situation. My hats off to you!