Complaint Review: EFAX J2 Communications

• Updated: Wed, August 06, 2014

• Reported By: Melissa — Austin Texas
EFAX J2 Communications
6922 Hollywood Blvd., 5th floor Los Angeles, California USA

EFAX J2 Communications E Fax WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE WORLD Los Angeles California

We purchased a local efax number years ago when we started our business. We pay $170 per year. We get charged yearly, in May of each year. I noticed that we are not using the service more than once per week and it didnt justify paying the $170 when there are free fax services out there.

I called to cancel my service on August 11. I found out that you CANNOT cancel. You just cannot.

I asked for a refund and they do not offer one. It is in the contract you sign that you will not get a refund. So I ask them to remove my credit card information so they don't auto bill me next year and they also said I could NOT remove that info! So I literally have to call early next May to cancel the service.

Also, I noticed I was being charged an additional $5 per month on top of the $170 per year. They tell me that is to SEND faxes. So you pay $170 a year for a number and then you pay on top of it to fax, all of which is NOT able to be cancelled at any time.

The only way to get out of this is to cancel my credit card which I am very close to doing.

How do businesses operate under these rules with these harsh cancellation policies?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2014 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EFAX-J2-Communications/Los-Angeles-California-90028/EFAX-J2-Communications-E-Fax-WORST-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-IN-THE-WORLD-Los-Angeles-California-1167897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EFAX J2 Communications