Complaint Review: EFAX

• Submitted: Sat, August 25, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, August 25, 2012

• Reported By: Nighthawk PI — San Diego California United States of America
EFAX
6922 Hollywood Blvd., 5th floor Los Angeles, California United States of America

EFAX THIEVES, CON ARTISTS!! Los Angeles, California

I signed up with EFAX and paid $169.50 for a year in advance.  The initial payment was debited and it appeared as though all was well until EFAX began billing me $169.50 monthly.  The first month it occurred I had to call customer service and explain that I had paid for a year.  After 3 calls to customer service I was finally issued a refund 2 weeks later and was told the problem was fixed which was not true because the same thing happened the following month.

First call I was told they would again issue a refund which was not true.  I had to call back a week later and again was told I would be issued a refund which again was not true.  The third time they said the refund would be issued within 24 hours which AGAIN was not true.  I finally had to call my own bank and filed a fraudulent transaction charge against the company.   EFAX retaliated by cancelling my service which I had initially paid for a year in advance.

Besides the fraudulent billing charges the EFAX service would randomly shut down and during the short period of time I used their service I had to call into their tech support at least 3-4 to get them to reestablish my fax service.  That alone should have been enough to cancel them but then combined with the billing fraud is just too much.

Additionally their customer service agents barely speak English and are clueless when you can communicate with them.  This has to be one of the worst run companies on the planet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2012 08:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EFAX/Los-Angeles-California-90028/EFAX-THIEVES-CON-ARTISTS-Los-Angeles-California-932428. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EFAX