Complaint Review: EFAX

• Submitted: Fri, September 21, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, September 21, 2012

• Reported By: Mike — Roswell Georgia United States of America
EFAX

EFAX I was ripped off by efax - they admitted during a call that it's a problem but no resolution, Internet

I was billed for my yearly service again today by EFAX $169 for a discounted service - I've been a happy camper with them for 6 years.  I called because their website says that I would receive 300 inbound and outbound pages with my yearly subscription and I have being billed $25 every 5 weeks or so (I run a real estate company and still receive faxes).  I discovered (after speaking with hard to understand customer service representatives) and being placed on hold for 27 minutes that the plan I had signed up on was replaced by this new all inclusive plan in may of 2011 -

I was billed 10 times for $25 for incoming and outgoing faxes that New customers wouldn't have been billed for.  When I brought this up to their attention and asked why I didn't receive any notification of this new cost saving plan they said they don't do that and that it was my responsibility to look at their website to compare plans.  When I asked for a refund they said We can't do that. When I asked for a credit they said We can't do that. I told them I would file this report on every website I could and they then said they'd offer me $10 as a courtesy.  I cancelled their service on the spot and found several competitors happy for my business for $7 a month!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2012 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EFAX/internet/EFAX-I-was-ripped-off-by-efax-they-admitted-during-a-call-that-its-a-problem-but-no-re-944702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EFAX