Complaint Review: EFAX

• Updated: Thu, October 10, 2013

• Reported By: VMoyer — Harrisville Pennsylvania
EFAX
Internet USA

EFAX J2 Global Communications Internet Fraud, 30 day "free trial offer" but fraudulently charged $180.95 to my bank card  Internet

Do NOT enter any credit or debit card info to this site to receive their "free offer"!! I have initiated a fraud case against this company with my bank due to fraudulent charges made to my debit card. I visited the web site which offered a "free 30 day trial", this site required submission of my debit card number to obtain the "free 30 day trial". Within 48 hrs, this company submitted two separate charges totalling $180.50 to my bank requesting and receiving payment directly from my account. I immediately called my bank, who in turn did a three way call with the company ( J2 Global ) to request information as to why they charged my account when I had not authorized the charges. While speaking with two very rude female representatives ( who were barely understandable due to their heavy accents), I was informed that the funds were already taken from my account and that I would have to honor that payment. [continued below]....

..... I was informed that if I stopped payment on the funds that they would continue to charge my account until they received the money. I requested to speak with a supervisor and was informed that there was no way that I would be able to speak with a supervisor or a member of what they called their "command team".  After one more call to my bank, another assisted call to this lame company, I requested that my "account" with J2 Global be canceled and requested a "refund" of the monies charged to my bank account. I was informed by the male representative at that time that he would submit a "request of refund to the company's financial team". I was also told that he could not guarantee that the refund request would be granted and that the process of review would take up to 30 days before a decision on my refund would be made. I have since been able to research this company and found this site. I have initiated a fraud case against J2 Global Coomunications with my bank, closed my bank card and also entered a fraud alert to my credit report.

PLEASE STOP THIS COMPANY!!

I will also be filing complaints with BBB and anywhere and everywhere else possible against this fraudulent company!

Thank you!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2013 03:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EFAX/internet/EFAX-J2-Global-Communications-Internet-Fraud-30-day-free-trial-offer-but-fraudulently-1091024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EFAX