Complaint Review: EFG

• Updated: Tue, July 24, 2012

• Reported By: KaTrena — Fort Worth Texas United States of America
EFG
122 W. Carpenter Freeway 6th Floor Irving, Texas United States of America

EFG Enterprise Financial Group, Inc. SERVICE CONTRACTS PURE PROFIT FOR EFG! Irving, Texas

*Author of original report: EFG Irving Texas

*UPDATE Employee: EFG Customer Service

Do not purchase an extended warranty with these people.  If it's not the car manufacturing warranty and it's a third party, run!  They are all scam artists!   Not only are they lining their pockets, the dealerships gets a commission and so does the Finance Manager that makes it a habit of lying to you by selling not only one extended warranty, but three!  And will sell you the most expensive warranty.   This is pure profit for the warranty companies because they find all kinds of loopholes to keep from paying claims!  I have spent over $3,000 in repairs that they have rejected because they claimed that it wasn't covered under the "platinum" warranty; it was either a schedule maintenance, or it's a part.

My warranties cost me a total of $3,000. That's not the best part, the best part is that my finance company were smart enough to finance it so guess what?  I'm paying for a warranty that won't aid me when I'm in need and I'm paying interest on the $3,000. So now you have the dealerships, the service warranty company, and the finance company gaining from my pain and stupidity!

If you are going to buy an extended warranty, do your research.  Don't get taken advantage of like I did.

Repair order #131432 was rejected by Mr. Dan Dooley, Claims Adjuster due to the timing belt was replaced by Moritz Kia of Hurst, TX for maintenance reasons; it was not broken or in a failed state.  If the check engine light indicator was highlighted, that would be considered a failed state.  If I would have waited until it was broken, that would have incurred more
costly damage to the vehicle that you wouldn't have repaired.

Let me reiterate that the vehicle had 64,407 miles on it when it was purchased and the required "maintenance" should have been performed prior to the sale.  I had no way of knowing that it hadn't been done and surely this early in owning the vehicle, I shouldn't have to replace this particular part.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2012 04:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EFG/Irving-Texas-75039/EFG-Enterprise-Financial-Group-Inc-SERVICE-CONTRACTS-PURE-PROFIT-FOR-EFG-Irving-Texas-914611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EFG

EFG Irving Texas

AUTHOR: KaTrena - (United States of America)

Dear Mr. Drasil,

I appreciate you taken the time to call me personally regarding a claim that was submitted.  Thank you for showing good faith by honoring the claim.

Thanks

EFG Customer Service

AUTHOR: Alex - (United States of America)

As the claims director for EFG, I worked directly with this customer to discuss her contract and her claims, and this issue has been fully reconciled with the customer. It is our priority at EFG to work with our customers and honor their contracts and our commitment to customer service.