Complaint Review: EFax, J2 Global Communications, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, July 14, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, July 14, 2009

• Reported By:sacramento California
EFax, J2 Global Communications, Inc.
www.efax.com Internet U.S.A.

EFax J2 Comm eFax, J2 Global Communications, Inc. account never cancelled, $130 in extra charges accrued before i noticed, wont refund the money, no communication!!! Internet

I'm an IT Field Engineer who uses fax for things like work orders, etc, and I just wanted to let you know that eFax is a ripoff company. Maybe they started off more honest, but this is what happened to me: I recently found out my account that was cancelled last year wasn't really cancelled and they have been billing me $17 a month for 8 months.

Now they owe me $136 and refuse to pay it all back. They credited my account $33.90 for some strange reason and refuse to answer any emails or credit the rest of my money even though a manager by the name of Jeffrey admitted on the phone that it was their mistake and to contact their 'financing department'. I've been trying to resolve this for a month and they have been basically ignoring me Long story short, I filed a report for fraud on BofA, they temporarily credited my account, and are looking into the matter which could take up to 90 days. Their policy is not to refund money for anything more than 60 days old on your statement, but in the case of fraud I think they are more lenient.

I hope more people report this company for their thievery!!!! Also if you want to save a LOT of money on a fax service check out MaxEmail.com, they are about $2/month! Very reliable, used them for over a year now, and have never had a problem. Its about $24/year and you get plenty of send/receive limit. Good luck cancelling eFax, I would recommend having the bank do a stop payment to refuse any more charges from j2 Global Communications when you close your account.. just as a failsafe, because you might never see the money back..

Amplex
sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2009 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EFax-J2-Global-Communications-Inc/internet/EFax-J2-Comm-eFax-J2-Global-Communications-Inc-account-never-cancelled-130-in-extra-c-469614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EFax, J2 Global Communications, Inc.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC