sequence

• Updated: Mon, September 12, 2011

• Reported By: Dawn — Huntersville North Carolina United States of America
EGGIES
PO BOX 3179 Wallingford, Connecticut United States of America

EGGIES EGGIES TM RIP OFF-NO SUBTOTAL PRIOR TO CHARGING CARD-SHIPPING SCAM Wallingford, Connecticut

On Saturday afternoon, I saw a commercial for Eggies. I thought it was neat idea and I purchased the product via internet. The claim was buy one get one free for $10.  I thought great, but sadly, No....

After you pick your product, you move on to the confusing and predatory option of the buy one get one free deal. You are to click how many you want. So, being that I was buying one getting one, I clicked two. And declined everything else.

I assumed (silly me) that if I made any mistakes, I would have the opportunity to correct it once I have reviewed and confirmed the order. Well, I went through screen by screen waiting to see how much shipping was and to make sure my order was correct, but much to my surprise, the  last screen says Order Confirmation! I was given  no opportunity to review the order or shipping cost. My credit card was charged a WHOPPING $51.96!! They charged me over $50 for a $10 product.

So, obviously my first instinct was cancel, cancel, cancel. But, conveniently, they were closed on Saturday. Really? No customer service reps when commercials are airing on the weekend?? I had to hunt for the phone number, found it, and could not leave a message. So I figured, let me look up the order number on the only customer service screen. But wait, there's more..of course my order could not be found. Convenient. So, I was stuck until Monday.

When I called to cancel the order, I was met with sorry, your order has been shipped and there is nothing we can do. Of course, this is the gimic. This is how they get paid. When I asked to speak to a manager several times to complain that I did not have a chance to review the order before confirming the purchase, the "customer service" rep stated: "haven't you ever ordered anything online before? You purchased it".  Really lady? I tried to explain, you are always given an opportunity to confirm all costs before your credit card is charged. She placed me on hold several times after I repeatedly asked for a manager and finally said: "All I can do is refund you $15." This was after I told her I work with several attorneys and am filing complaints every where I could.  She also stated I can refuse the package, but shipping isn't refunded. I would get the $15 (and change). Nice. (sarcasm) Thank you Eggies. (again sarcasm)

So, now I have to wait 2-6 weeks for this package to be mailed, return it, and cross my fingers they are going to refund my money.  This is a total scam, the customer service is lousy. I do not reccommend anybody to purchase their products. I hope they get investigated or a class action lawsuit gets brought against them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2011 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EGGIES/Wallingford-Connecticut-06494/EGGIES-EGGIES-TM-RIP-OFF-NO-SUBTOTAL-PRIOR-TO-CHARGING-CARD-SHIPPING-SCAM-Wallingford-C-775766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EGGIES