- Report: #343009
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: EHARMONY.COM
EHARMONY.COMP.O. Box 60157 Pasadena, California U.S.A.
EHARMONY.COM My experience with Eharmony.com Pasadena California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. Eharmony will not refund my money. They promise to do that, then they refuse and ask me to call them and then hang up on me. Next time I call they say I must wait online for 2 hours... and then after 40 minutes of waiting their phone line mysteriously hangs up. Then the next time I call they categorically refuse to refund my money yet the suport person on the email states that they will refund if I call them... Then when I call them they say I've been on a 3 day (three day) trial (which never was noted or found on their site).
2. Their "RelyID" service charged me $5.95 twice and the online verification failed both times yet Eharmony cathegorically refuses to refund the $5.95 (charged twice) and they send me to RelyID and RelyID sends me back to Eharmony.
3. They send me matches with kids while I indicated no kids; they send me matches from far away states while I indicated within 30 miles; Most 90% or more matches CLOSE the match no matter how good my profile is. There's just nothing wrong with me, yet 99% of the "matches" are being closed either right away or after the exhaustive question-answer ordeal and what's the weirdest that your LIKES-DISLIKES (can't stands etc.) must MATCH otherwise your match will close the match! Yet there is no way to keep your "can't stands" list short or blank. They MAKE YOU to select 10 can't stands, which is weirrrrrd! You're very limited with Eharmony on what you can do.
4. Eharmony support makes promises that they never keep ever.
5. Eharmony support is rude and hangs up on you.
6. Going to an Eharmomy site loads malicious atdmt.com files into your computer.
7. EharMONEY.com redirects to Eharmony.com . It's all about money, not about matching you with the right person.
8. 99% of "matches" do not match at all and CLOSE the match on you after you go through all the questions and answers...
9. Eharmony says I've been on a 3-day trial while there's no such thing on their website.
10. Eharmony's RElyID is pre-made to fail that they could get you fax them your sensitive details such as SS#, Photo ID and when you decide not to do that they refuse to refund your money for the RElyID service.
No advance notice is posted that user may need to manually identify themselves to RelyID. You have no choice, once you pay, all you can do is manual verification, you can't get your money back even if RelyID fails, even if they charge you twice or three times!
11. Eharmony sends you non-existing users.
12. Quite often the user's age shown as zero "0" and their location as "none" or wrong.
13. You can find closed matches in your account which you never saw before.
14. In your account you keep on seeing "Your Profile is Not Complete" (you need to verify your id) yet when you try to verify it fails and asks you to fax your Social Security Number, Two of Your Photo ID's etc.
After paying a lot of money for a membership fee you still get this your profile is incomplete unless you surrender to them your SS# !!
15. Some matches they send you suddenly disappear.
16. Most matches never respond, because they stop paying their fee, but Eharmony displays them as pending misleading you into thinking that they are still members while they are not paid members anymore and therefore until they pay again they have no way to respond to you.
17. Person's weight is not displayed. I ask not to match me with obese people yet they keep on sending me obese looking people.
18. No refund or billing policy is found anywhere on eHARMony.com
19. Eharmony does not maintain their email addresses. Provided email address failed when I emailed a support request to it.
20. Eharmony.com stopped working with Firefox in June 2008. I can't login to Eharmony.com using my favourite Firefox browser and their site opens with a blank page with a couple words on it identifying the error, but no actual error. Eharmony support promised to send a tech support email to me in 5 minutes, yet 6 hours later no such email and their site is inaccessible using Firefox.
21. Eharmony phone number is hard to find or actually nowhere to be found on their website even if you are a paid member.
22. Eharmony could see that certain kind of people close their match on me 100% of times, yet they keep on sending the same kind of people as my matches again and again (example: white U.S. women).
23. About 80% or more "matches" that they send you never respond and you will have to close that particular match probably by selecting "This match never responded to my request to communicate" before your "no response" and "CLOSED" match "portfolio" grows out of proportion...
Scenectady, New York
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2008 08:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EHARMONYCOM/Pasadena-California-91116/EHARMONYCOM-My-experience-with-Eharmonycom-Pasadena-California-343009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.