Complaint Review: EHarmony

• Submitted: Sat, January 05, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, January 05, 2008

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
888 E Walnut St. Pasadena, California U.S.A.

EHarmony.com Eharmony gives false ads, false matches, false hopes, and only 100 percent guarantee on taking your money. Pasadena California

Eharmony likes to charge huge chunk of your money ($60 per mo or $300/year) and provide you with false and possibly auto-generated fake matches.

I have been a member off and on for total of 2 1/2 years. The reason I stayed a member for so long is because I liked the detailed personality test. It was important to me that the matches were compatible and not a random Jane Does. However, it is exactedly what I got and less.

They sent me lots of matches. As soon as I paid I was getting 5 matches per day. Over the course of 2 1/2 years, you would think I would have gotten many "open communications" (getting to the last step where you openly talk to your matches)

It is pretty clear to me now that alot of those matches might be auto-generated by a computer or just typed up by someone who works for eharmony because only 1 out 30 have ever responded to my requests to communicate. (not even to date but just to even answer the first initial questions). If I don't like someone I have no prob closing them from my match list but these people do not. They keep you in the matches and you wait and wait thinking they are real people. But they never ever respond to requests to even start the firist initial communications and some do but you only get to the middle steps. Then suddenly they disappear and still they do not yet close you as a match and you are left to wonder if they will ever respond.

And when or if they ever do close you their reasons do not make sense. the "matches" in my local area close me because I am "physically too distant".

Also with the "matches" that they send you that they claim are fit for you, are so vastly random and so different from what you wanted that you wonder if they ever bother checking your requirements. (you initially tell eharmony what type of matches you want). My age requirement was at the most 32, and I have gotten matches who were 37 or 38. I have gotten matches who didn't want kids and my requirement was she does, and so vastly unique and different in personality types that obviously are not compatible with mine.

eharmony has to keep enough people in your match list to make you feel you might have a chance of meeting someone and so you keep sending them money. and make them rich.

I am not sending them a penny more.

Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2008 05:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EHarmony/Pasadena-California-91101/EHarmonycom-Eharmony-gives-false-ads-false-matches-false-hopes-and-only-100-percent-gu-297368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EHarmony