Complaint Review: EHarmony

• Reported By: Stacy Ann — Redding California
EHarmony
, Select State/Province USA

EHarmony Dating Site Auto Renewal Scam Internet California

I joined this dating site in March of 2013 for a 12 month period.  I found I never used it, but I still paid my dues until my membership expired.  I logged on right before it expired and it said "Stacy Renew Now" which of course, I did not!  Today I logged onto my bank of america account and saw that it is overdrawn!  It says a payment posted today from e-harmony.  Wait, I did my 12 months is what I'm thinking!  No, they decided to renew it and charge me though I never renewed!  I called and the lady says I cannot get my funds back because this is NOT a new membership and that I'm now in a contract.  So, they put me in a new contract, yet it's not new?  How is that?  I paid and did my 12 months, but now they're making it 24 months and I can't get out?

This is highly illegal, immoral and a rip off!  I spoke with Tanisha W. who kept asking me stupid questions like "Why don't you want out service?"  I finally said I'm just not interested!  They wont let people go away!  I did my full subscription and elected to not renew, yet they charged me.  Unfortunately I'm having to dispute this with paypal who is not the best at getting your money back.  I have stopped all future payments to Eharmony, but they didn't have the right to take this one!  I did my time and paid well, so why can't I leave this dating site and get back the money they just charged me TODAY!  It's not as if I let this go for a month....  They took my money TODAY and wont refund it!  I need help....

Please people stay away from Eharmony.  They trap you into keeping their service even when your contract is up...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2014 09:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EHarmony/Select-StateProvince/EHarmony-Dating-Site-Auto-Renewal-Scam-Internet-California-1133137. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EHarmony