Complaint Review: EHarmony

• Updated: Fri, March 26, 2004

• Reported By:Fayetteville Georgia
eHarmony.com Internet U.S.A.

EHarmony deceitful practices Internet

I usually don't join dating services but thought I'd give this one a try since they "matched" you to people. I signed up for a 3 month trail special. During the 3 months I was "matched" with around 20 or so people.

The next step of the process is to "request" comminucation with your match by sending 5 canned questions that you select from a list. I did this for all of my matches and received about 5 responses. I thought this to be a low response rate for a system that a person paid money to join and was introduced to a match. Of these only 2 went to the second level of communcation and none ever progressed to a meeting.

At the end of my 3 months I received an e-mail from eHarmony saying that 3 months wasn't enough time to find someone and I should consider re-joining. I didn't but still received matches. A couple requesting communcation. eHarmony however, wouldn't let me respond without re-joining. Now I understand why a lot of these people didn't respond.

I think it's deceiving to introduce people that eHarmony knows can't respond or to cut off communcation in the middle of a process that eHarmony designed to be long and time consumming.

Save your money people. This is a scam !

Fayetteville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2004 02:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EHarmony/internet/EHarmony-deceitful-practices-Internet-85520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EHarmony