Complaint Review: EHarmony

• Updated: Wed, October 01, 2008

• Reported By:Cocoa Beach Florida
EHarmony
eharmony.com Internet U.S.A.

eHarmony.com No Customer Support, Strange 'Courting' Practices Merritt Island Internet

I've been an eHarmony member for 9 months, and I'm not happy about the site at all. First of all, as a female I prefer to allow interested males contact me first, when they 'Request Communication." To eHarmony this means a genius strategy of sending each other 5 multiple choice questions, like 10 year olds. Even if you allow the men to contact you first, they have no option but to send this interrogation to you, and eHarmony has pre-written the questions for them to pick from.

After you take their little test, you get to send 5 questions to them. The men who've sent questions to me always ask the same ones: Where should I take you on a date?, and, get this, What's the first thing you would do for me if I had a bad day? (!) I don't consider that an appropriate question to ask a lady you've never even met. How can that be construed as 'courting'?

So I naively answered these multiple choice tests the first few times, (something I'll never do again), and each guy closed communication with me after that! Not one ever answered my questions. I got to feeling like, wait a minute? Why am I taking THEIR tests? Men you meet standing in line at the store don't say "Hi, I'm Jim. So what are you gonna do for me when I'm upset? Sorry, wrong answer!" It just doesn't go that way. In reality, People simply make their interest in getting to know you better clear, and either you are interested as well or you aren't.

Also, one of my 'matches', was mentally retarded! I'm not making this up. He was attractive and sweet, but his writing was a giveaway. I thought they 'screened' people. Guess not. This guy fell in love with me without me ever saying anything but "hi' to him (before I realized), sent me constant messages, and I had to close communication. eHarmony put me in a bad spot with that one. I've gone round and round that site trying to find the big "24 Hour Friendly Customer Support". All I can find is a blank page, with a 1-800 number in small black numbers in the top left corner. It's obvious that they don't welcome calls and offer no support. The mentally handicapped gentleman had written out his entire profile in total gobblygook (anyone would feel sorry for the guy), eHarmony didn't see that? They ought to be ashamed. Their commercials say they professionally screen each profile...yeah, for the credit card number...

Jex
Cocoa Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2008 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EHarmony/internet/eHarmonycom-No-Customer-Support-Strange-Courting-Practices-Merritt-Island-Internet-377719. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EHarmony