• Report: #219447

• Submitted: Tue, November 07, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, November 07, 2006

• Reported By:Houston Texas
EHarmony.com
P.O. Box 60157 Pasadena, California U.S.A.

EHarmony.com ripoff changes cancellation policy to meet their situation to their advantage so that one can NEVER cancel an extension to their bogus services Pasadena California

On Oct. 30, 2006, I extended the services with eHarmony.com wherein they are to send me names of people (men) who "might become the love of my life." I attempted to cancel this extension on November 08, 2006, and was told that their policy is that "cancellation must occur within 7 days of extending the service." Then on Oct. 19, I decided to extend again for 6 months for $119.70 (which seemed like a good deal at the time), and on Oct. 20, I emailed eHarmony on 4 different occasions occasions in an attempt to cancel the extension. I received absolutely no acknowledgement to my emails. Then I called the company direct at 626-795-4814 and spoke with one of their representatives, Brook (no last name), and was told by her that "one could NEVER cancel an extension." I am now in the process of having this charge removed from my Credit Card, and am also reporting the same to the local BBB. It has been my experience that eHarmony changes their cancellation policy to fit the occasion (always in their best interest).

Dorothy
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2006 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EHarmonycom/Pasadena-California-90016/EHarmonycom-ripoff-changes-cancellation-policy-to-meet-their-situation-to-their-advantage-219447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EHarmony.com