Complaint Review: EHarmony.com

• Submitted: Thu, December 11, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 11, 2008

• Reported By:Campbell California
EHarmony.com
888 East Walnut Street, 2nd Floor Pasadena, California U.S.A.

eHarmony.com, eHarmony refuses both refund AND providing service for fees paid! Pasadena California

I signed up for eHarmony's online dating service Oct. 21st.

I paid $79 (1 of 3 payments) for a 12 month subscription; $79 for 4 months of service.

After 1 week of trying the service, I decided it was not for me.

They cancelled my account and refused a refund.

I filed a complaint with the BBB.

They subsequently offered me a "3 month" subscription from Nov 28-Jan 21 (this is 2 months for the price of 4)

The most disturbing part of this experience is not either of these two facts:
1. that they refused a refund
2. that they refused to provide service for fees paid

but that they falsified their rebuttal to my claim on BBB!

They falsely claim that they refunded my money! They did not refund my money. They falsely claim to have provided me with a 3 month subscription! No! they offered to give me 2 months instead of what I paid for (4 months)

Here is what they claim:
Company's Final Response - Posted 12/11/2008 "Because we cancelled her original payment as a courtesy,"

This is false. They did not cancel my payment. They kept it.

2. "because we did issue a refund to her for a required charge,"
----NO: they DID NOT REFUND any of my money

3. and because we have bestowed a 3 month subscription to her at a generous discount,

No. This is false. On Nov 28th they sent me an email promising a 2 month subsc. from Nov 28-Jan 21st.

we stand by our actions, and consider this matter resolved. We sincerely hope that our good faith effort to resolve this matter with Ms. Williams will be taken into account, and that this matter will be closed as resolved in eHarmony's favor.

I am amazed that they continue to falsely claim that they refunded my money and claim that they gave me a "generous discount," when the discount is actually a 200% markup. 4 months for $79---> down to 2 months for $79 is twice the price!!!!!!

eHarmony is dangerously skating on criminal business practices. I would hire an attorney, but it would probably cost more in the long run.

Basically I paid $79, got one week of a horrible service, and spent time and energy filing a report only to get their false claims as adding insult to the injury of them keeping my money and refusing to provide service for fees paid!!!!!

Horrible experience.

Alice
Campbell, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2008 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EHarmonycom/Pasadena-California-91101/eHarmonycom-eHarmony-refuses-both-refund-AND-providing-service-for-fees-paid-Pasadena-C-400431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EHarmony.com