Complaint Review: EHarmony.com

• Updated: Sat, September 20, 2008

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
EHarmony.com
eharmony.com Internet U.S.A.

EHarmony.com - False Advertising! They delivered matches on free weekend but stopped once I paid. Pasadena Internet

I have been a member there for 3 months and for the last 1.5 months of my subscription, I noticed I was receiving significantly more matches. Toward the end, I was receiving twice as many as when I first signed up.

Additionally, over Labor Day weekend - they had a "free communication weekend" and I received so many matches that I got a message saying my member inbox was full. My subscription lapsed on Aug 31. I decided to sign up again on Sep 3 and since that time, like 5 per week as opposed to 5-12 per day.

I have asked for a refund from them as I believe there is false advertising going on on that site. I also find it very interested that there just happens to be significantly more matches on the weekend they are offering their website for free.

Lastly, when I called to inquire about what was going on, it was suggested to me that I change my religious preferences to include "Christian" and the customer service agent even went so far as to ask me if there was a reason why I wouldn't consider dating someone who was Christian. I wasn't calling to ask for advice on how to receive more matches and I certainly was not calling to have my privacy invaded in that way. So it appears that eHarmony.com also has a religious preference within their organization. I can't help but wonder why she didn't ask about why I didn't have Jewish or Muslim selected either?

Tracieh
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2008 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EHarmonycom/internet/EHarmonycom-False-Advertising-They-delivered-matches-on-free-weekend-but-stopped-once-374678. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EHarmony.com