Complaint Review: EHealthInsurance

• Submitted: Sat, April 28, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, April 28, 2007

• Reported By:Kailua Hawaii
EHealthInsurance
11919 Foundation Pl Gold River, California U.S.A.

EHealthInsurance I submitted an insurance application, and was approved. However, I soon got a better deal elsewhere, so I never proceeded beyond the application stage. However, they're pretending I have a policy through them, and refuse to stop bothering me, RIPOFF. Gold River California

I have purchased insurance through companies online before, so I know the usual procedures.

I asked eHealthInsurance for an online quote, and put in an application for insurance. Within a day, I got a better deal elsewhere, and decided to cancel my application. By that time, I had been approved for the insurance through eHealthInsurance, but I never actually took out a policy.

I explained this to them immediately, and they went instructions for canceling my application. I found it annoying to have to write a letter just to cancel an application, but I did so, following the instructions explicitly and on that same day.

Imagine my surprise, then, to receive an insurance card in the mail some weeks later.

Ever since then, I have been writing to them to sort the problem out, but they will not fix the problem. They insist that I have a policy through them with an HMO, which is simply untrue. I even called the HMO to double-check, and the HMO confirmed that it is untrue.

Christine
Kailua, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2007 07:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EHealthInsurance/Gold-River-California-95670/EHealthInsurance-I-submitted-an-insurance-application-and-was-approved-However-I-soon-246030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EHealthInsurance