Complaint Review: E.K.G Construction Services

• Submitted: Mon, September 19, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, September 19, 2005

• Reported By:Westland Michigan
E.K.G Construction Services
2035 W.Alex Rd Suite #4 Toledo, Ohio U.S.A.

E.K.G Construction Services ripoff Over charges HomeOwners and wont pay Subcontractors anything Toledo Ohio

This is to inform all Home Owner and any Subcontractor out there about a construction company that would rank #1 on bad business practices. My own subcontracting experience is as follows:

The homeowner was very upset that a job was taking over 2 months longer than what they were told to just get STARTED. After I was ordered to go into the home to start work the home owner confronted me and asked me if my supervisor was available. I arranged for the foreman of the job to drop by. The foreman informed this homeowner that "he didn't care how long it was taking they were almost done and there is no getting out of it now"" Then told him that if he wanted any more done MORE money would have to be put on the job. In which case the home owner decided to tell him to go to hell.

I worked on this job for 3 days ripping out this addition and started to put up the new walls. I have work orders that state they owe me for over $1500 on 3 different jobs that were completed and signed off on by the foreman. I was told they have no money to pay and when the customers pay we would get paid. Guess what I saw -- Office staff, Supervisors, and owners got paid. Guess what I found out after talking to 3 different homeowners-- their bills were paid in full. Guess what else I found out. I am not the only subcontractor that wasn't paid and now they will not answer the phone and talk to any of us. Instead we got a letter in the mail stating that EKG was going to be charging us for work we did that they claim they had to hire other people to finish, yet we have invoices and job completion papers signed by their foreman saying it was done already.

Westland, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2005 09:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EKG-Construction-Services/Toledo-Ohio/EKG-Construction-Services-ripoff-Over-charges-HomeOwners-and-wont-pay-Subcontractors-any-157677. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E.K.G Construction Services