Complaint Review: EL GORDO SPANISH SWEEPSTAKE LOTTERY COMPANY S.A. SANTA LUCIA SECURITY COMPANY S.A. NICK WOOD

• Submitted: Wed, October 13, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, October 13, 2004

• Reported By:Rome Georgia
AVD DE LOS ANGELES, NO 25; 28006 MADRID SPAIN ROME, Other Spain

EL GORDO SPANISH SWEEPSTAKE LOTTERY COMPANY S.A. SANTA LUCIA SECURITY COMPANY S.A. NICK WOOD rip-off! ROME Italy

I received a letter stating that I had won USD $615,810,000 from the 3rd category of the EL-GORDO SWEEPSTAKE PROGRAM. I was instructed to FAX the information back to claim my winnings (no money or anything requested). Upon paying $10 to send the FAX to the company with the informations as requested on October 12, 2004, I received a telephone call on Wednesday, October 13, 2004.

This call was from Antonio Xanchez, he instructed me that I had won and that I needed to pay a transfer fee for the bank to transfer the winnings into my checking account. He was very attipate that I send $850 USD today or loose my winnings. When I told him that I didn't have the money, he instructed me to send him a written note that I didn't want to make a claim of the money. He instructed me to go to Western Union and wire $850USD to:

Nick Wood, Cheif Accountant
Santa Lucia Security Company S.A.
AVD DE LOS ANGELES, NO 25,. 28006, MADRID SPAIN

That once I had wired the money, I was to call him back at Telephone:011-34 600 260 294 and he would instruct me about sending a FAX copy of my receipt where I wired the money. That upon completing this process the money was being released today and would be deposited into my bank account on Friday, October 15, 2004 and he would call me back on Saturday, October 16, 2004 to instruct me on how to pay his company the 10%fee that I would owe upon the transfer of the winnings into my account.

He didn't want me to stall him, and wasn't eager to answer questions either. He kept instructing me that I had all the information on the letter I had received.

Dianna
Rome, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2004 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EL-GORDO-SPANISH-SWEEPSTAKE-LOTTERY-COMPANY-SA-SANTA-LUCIA-SECURITY-COMPANY-SA-NICK-WOOD/ROME-Other/EL-GORDO-SPANISH-SWEEPSTAKE-LOTTERY-COMPANY-SA-SANTA-LUCIA-SECURITY-COMPANY-SA-NICK-W-112777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EL GORDO SPANISH SWEEPSTAKE LOTTERY COMPANY S.A. SANTA LUCIA SECURITY COMPANY S.A. NICK WOOD