Complaint Review: EMAIL DISCOUNT NETWORK, LLC.

• Submitted: Sat, January 02, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, January 07, 2010

• Reported By: MS — Florissant Missouri USA
EMAIL DISCOUNT NETWORK, LLC.
701 North Green Valley Parkway, Suite # 200 Henderson, Nevada United States of America

EMAIL DISCOUNT NETWORK, LLC. Company engages in telephone biil "Cramming" Henderson, Nevada

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service response

This company engages in the illegal practice of "cramming."

"Cramming" is the term used to describe the practice of adding unauthorized third party charges to a customer's telephone bill.

After careful review of my December AT&T telephone bill, I discovered that a company named "EMAIL DISCOUNT NETWORK, LLC" had taken the liberty to add a recurring $14.95 per month charge to my telephone bill.

I contacted the company, advised that the charges were unauthorized and demanded that they be removed immediately.

The company's customer service agent (Missy), responded by informing me that they use a strict verification process and that someone must have signed up for the service.

I informed her that I had done research that revealed that her company was under investigation in 5 states for "cramming," that I am the only person residing in my home and finally that unless the charges were immediately removed from my bill, that I would be contacting my state's attorney general's office and filing the appropriate complaints.

Missy disconnected the call.

I immediately filed a formal complaint with the Attorney General and I am contacting AT&T to file complaints and receive a refund. Additionally, I intend to demand that AT&T no longer allow changes or 3rd Party charges to my telephone service without first obtaining my express permission.

A word of advice..."Carefully check your phone bills for accuracy folks."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2010 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMAIL-DISCOUNT-NETWORK-LLC/Henderson-Nevada-89074/EMAIL-DISCOUNT-NETWORK-LLC-Company-engages-in-telephone-biil-Cramming-Henderson-Neva-548874. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMAIL DISCOUNT NETWORK, LLC.

Customer Service response

AUTHOR: Customer Service - (United States of America)

Email Discount Network provides its subscribers with exclusive discounts and cash back on purchases made at online retailers.  We market the service on the Internet and continuously review our marketing and sign-up procedures and believe that they comply with all applicable laws and industry standard best practices.

We maintain excellent customer service 24 by 7 by 365 and you can reach us via phone at 800-730-8199 or online at http://www.emaildiscountnetwork.com/support.cfm.

Im confident we can address any customer service concerns you may have.

Email Discount Network Customer Service