Complaint Review: EMC MORTGAGE CORPORATION

• Submitted: Mon, February 09, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, February 22, 2006

• Reported By:GLENDALE Arizona
EMC MORTGAGE CORPORATION
909 HIDDEN RIDGE #200 Irving, Texas U.S.A.

EMC MORTGAGE CORPORATION ripoffrefused to place $2000 on principal i sent, do not send pymts to Dallas it is a drop box and pymts are left over the 10day period so you get charged late Irving Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: AGAIN- someone on here works from EMC and is wrong that they don't stop a refi.

*Consumer Suggestion: Make some sense

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Poor Customer Service

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: emc mortgage are thieves

*Consumer Comment: EMC Mortgage Company Won't Pay Its Own Bills

*Consumer Comment: EMC Exemplifies Poor Customer Service

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Ripped off by EMC, Worse than the MOB!!!

I HAVE SENT THEM $2000.00 TO BE PLACED ON PRINCIPAL, THEY REFUSED PUT IT IN ESCROW WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, SENT THEM CERTIFICATE OF DEATH ASKED THEY PUT ACCT. IN MY NAME THEY REFUSED. I HAVE TRIED TO REFINANCE AS I AM PAYING 11.6% AND THEY REFUSED, I HAVE TRIED TO GET A HUD STICKER SO I CAN REFINANCE, ONLY TO BE DISCIMINATED AGAINST BY HUD, AS IF YOUR MOBILE HOME WAS BUILT BEFORE JUNE 17, 1976, YOUR DEAD. THESE PEOPLE ASK YOU TO SEND PYMTS TO DALLAS TEXAS IT IS A DROP BOX AND THEY WILL LET YOUR PYMTS SIT, SO YOU ARE CHARGED A LATE FEE. THEY NEED THEIR LICENSE PULLED.

Diana
GLENDALE, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2004 08:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMC-MORTGAGE-CORPORATION/Irving-Texas-75038/EMC-MORTGAGE-CORPORATION-ripoffrefused-to-place-2000-on-principal-i-sent-do-not-send-pym-79719. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMC MORTGAGE CORPORATION

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AGAIN- someone on here works from EMC and is wrong that they don't stop a refi.

AUTHOR: Erik - (U.S.A.)

AGAIN it seems that Dom - T.John's, New Foundland,Canada works for EMC or at the very least defending them. EMC has a system in place to make sure you can't refinance.

One way they do stop you from refinancing is by NEVER providing a pay-off or changing the pay-off amount until the new bank won't touch the mortgage. They also illegally report wrong information on your credit report to make sure they keep other mortgage companies away from you. That way they keep you all to themselves and can charge you to death in fees and/or simply take your house out from under you to take your equity.

See, when they report you haven't made an on time payment and have been over 180 days late for the past 8 months no other bank will touch you. They will also post that you are in foreclosure which of course scares away other banks. They know the worst they can make you look on your credit report the less chance you have of ever getting away from their claws. Now, keep in mind that when I say they do this illegally that is because in my case we had been making on time payments and were not late.

I also find it amazing that the credit reporting agencies allow EMC to list your mortgage in a foreclosure status for months at a time. As I understand it, if a house is put into foreclosure then either you bring it current or it gets sold. It surely doesn't sit in foreclosure for say 6 or 8 months. I agree they are just like the mob!!!!!
I love this site... it speaks the truth!!!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Make some sense

AUTHOR: Dom - (Canada)

"I HAVE SENT THEM $2000.00 TO BE PLACED ON PRINCIPAL, THEY REFUSED PUT IT IN ESCROW WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, SENT THEM CERTIFICATE OF DEATH ASKED THEY PUT ACCT. IN MY NAME THEY REFUSED. I HAVE TRIED TO REFINANCE AS I AM PAYING 11.6% AND THEY REFUSED, I HAVE TRIED TO GET A HUD STICKER SO I CAN REFINANCE, ONLY TO BE DISCIMINATED AGAINST BY HUD, AS IF YOUR MOBILE HOME WAS BUILT BEFORE JUNE 17, 1976, YOUR DEAD. THESE PEOPLE ASK YOU TO SEND PYMTS TO DALLAS TEXAS IT IS A DROP BOX AND THEY WILL LET YOUR PYMTS SIT, SO YOU ARE CHARGED A LATE FEE. THEY NEED THEIR License pulled "

They can't just put an acct in your name, That is fraud, and if they did that they would definitely be in alot of trouble, you didn't sign loan documents for the loan, They can't just put you on it, if you have power of attorney or something then you would go on as in the estate of or something like that a death certificate gives you access to the account and not much more.
No company can refuse to let you refinance, that really makes no sense. They might not personally refinance you but they can't stop you from doing so with another company. As for the interest rate your really blaming the wrong comppany you should probably speak with the company the loan was originated with, again if they were to just change your interest rate, that agin is fraud and breaking a contract.
99% of companies use lock boxes, pick another method of pymt if you want to insure pymts are posted or rcvd on time.
Everything I said might sound like I shouldn't be saying it but you should really know what your talking about befor you talk.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Poor Customer Service

AUTHOR: Ronald - (U.S.A.)

My loan was transferred to EMC from another finance co in Feb. The Feb payment went to the first company. I have been unable to get them to stop bothering me concerning the Feb payment.

I faxed cancelled checks as they requested. Meanwhile they are adding late fees to the account. I believe the problem is poor organization rather than an attempt to defraud.

Seems that the groups don't communicate.

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

emc mortgage are thieves

AUTHOR: Anisse - (U.S.A.)

no matter how many time you pay, they add all they want of late charges for their pockets.
i have had called day and night requesting payment even that it was not due yet, i pray to god to make this company collapse because of the rotten things they do to all honest payer of their
mortgage.
i have never been with any other that treated me this way.

i'm sending and copy of this to washington to stop those hogs from taking away your money or your homes.

EMC Mortgage Company Won't Pay Its Own Bills

AUTHOR: Kate - (U.S.A.)

Not only do you people suffer at the hands of EMC, you should be aware they don't pay their bills, either. Our lawfirm handled a messy situation for them in which we obtained a judgment on their behalf, and then tried to collect on that judgment years later when the debtor had assets in escrow in which to pay off the judgment. For reasons unimportant, the sale fell through and escrow didn't close, so the judgment wasn't paid off. We had no control over this of course, but, EMC refused to pay their attorneys fees and costs bill (which was less $1,000), questioned every line item and made us account for every fax and every copy, and then STILL didn't pay us, after we did so. We finally had to write the debt off as a bad debt.

EMC Exemplifies Poor Customer Service

AUTHOR: Shawn - (U.S.A.)

I have 3 loans with EMC mortgage. They purchased these loans from another Lender. Since the purchase almost 1 year ago, I have had continuous problems that require hours of phone time each month. I am promised the problems have been resolved, then I get letters and phone calls the very next month about the same misinformation. What is the name of the Lending Commissioner and how do we contact??

#7 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Ripped off by EMC, Worse than the MOB!!!

AUTHOR: Diane - (U.S.A.)

I agree with the others!!! I am holding a small mortgage at an interest rate of 11.5%.These indviduals are theives!!!! Worse than the MOB!!! They need to be stopped! If you send in your payment at the Dallas Box they hold it until the time in which they can charge you with a late fee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

formation