Complaint Review: EMC MORTGAGE

• Submitted: Fri, April 16, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, April 24, 2004

• Reported By:Hanover Illinois
EMC MORTGAGE
Hidden Ridge Drive Irvine, Texas U.S.A.

EMC MORTGAGE ripoff When is this going to stop? Irvine Texas

*Consumer Comment: one of the many individuals who are having continuous problems with EMC

After seeing the many complaints against Emc it has only confirmed my suspicions as well. My Parents can relate to all the said problems. My mother fell behind in her payments she tryed to contact someone via telephone, she then wrote a letter.

When they did respond they told her she had to pay these high interest late fee she asked if there was a way she could put a freeze on the late fees until she got caught up on monthly payments. She also question as to why the late fees were high. She made every effort to make a resolution to this problem.

They then summoned her into forclosure court but she was unable to make it she died in 2003 so the forclosure moved ahead. My father would have been able to continue the payments but never showed for the court date because he cannot read or would he even know what he was signing. They kept there problems to them selfs. This house was built on money they had saved plus what was recieved from retirement. The land was payed for prior to building this house and the land was used for calateral. Hard labor was put into this land to clear it out. But to only be lost to greedy unwilling mortgage company.

When is this going to stop? We all fall on hard times why can't mortgage companys have a clause that allows someone a certain period of time to get back on their feet as long as they show good faith. Determine the interest that should be charge based on the situation. I feel that they were taken advantage so now this house sits in there hands waiting to be sold again. What are they gaining by having this house on there hands. Maybe this is where we the consumers get kicked for their stupidty..

Suzanne
Hanover, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2004 07:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMC-MORTGAGE/Irvine-Texas/EMC-MORTGAGE-ripoff-When-is-this-going-to-stop-Irvine-Texas-87967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMC MORTGAGE

one of the many individuals who are having continuous problems with EMC

AUTHOR: Felice - (U.S.A.)

I am one of the many individuals who are having continuous problems with EMC - no matter how much you pay them they continue to have you in default - they don't track the payments properly and the most recent problem was last year I received my tax information with the proper SS# this year I did not they suddenly claimed that my SS# did not match when they sent me a document the number was wrong - but they have had this information for more than 8 years.

My name has also been wrong on my mortgage ever since they've had it and when I requested that they fix it they informed me that I would have to go through refinancing.

Whenever you call them you are put on hold forever and when you do get in contact with them they talk to you in an unprofessional manner.

expenditures