Complaint Review: EMC Mortgage Company

• Submitted: Tue, September 06, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, September 06, 2005

• Reported By:Ocean Shores Washington
EMC Mortgage Company
P.O.B. 141358 Irving, Texas U.S.A.

EMC Mortgage Company ripoff Irving Texas

I refinanced my home almost a year ago for a better interest rate. Upon signing my closing papers I made sure that my mortgage would be in an escrow account.

EMC purchased my mortgage shortly thereafter. Upon a welcoming phone call I specifically asked if the lowered payment included the escrow. I was assured that it was and not to worry.

I just received a bill from my county for property taxes totalling nearly $1500. I checked to be sure that this was an oversight only to find that EMC did not have my account in escrow. I then called the insurance company about my homeowner's insurance only to find that it was expiring within 24 hours.

EMC was called immediately and denied that my loan was to include escrow. Not only did they deny, I was also on hold for 52 minutes and the conversation was not correctly noted from the person I spoke with.

I have had to come up with all of the tax money and homeowner's insurance money within a matter of days. I am a single parent depending on my income alone and putting both of my children through school. This was a financial disaster that should have been avoided from the start.

Monica
Ocean Shores, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2005 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMC-Mortgage-Company/Irving-Texas-75014/EMC-Mortgage-Company-ripoff-Irving-Texas-156164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMC Mortgage Company