Complaint Review: EMC Mortgage Company

• Submitted: Sat, September 10, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, September 10, 2005

• Reported By:johnstown Colorado
EMC Mortgage Company
Box 141358 Irving, Texas U.S.A.

EMC Mortgage Company ripoff Irving Texas

My wife have our 1st and second mortgage throuch EMC. They purchased the loan from our original lender. From the start my wife and i have always included two checks in the mortgage payment envelope. (we have separate checking accounts) This never posed a problem for nearly a year.

We received a phone call about a week after the loan payment was due. We were told that EMC had not received a payment. I figured somehow it was lost in the mail. Then we dicovered that the check my wife wrote had cleared the bank. They had applied her portion of the payment to our second mortage. She assured us that the payment would be transferred to the correct loan. As for my portion of the payment i guess it was thrown out with the envelope. I made the payment over the phone and stopped payment on the check they didn't receive.

Two weeks later EMC colletions called us and said they had not received any payment. I talked with customer service and was told that no amount was transferred from one account to the other. She apologized and said she would take care of it.

Two days after that my wife received another call from EMC collections stating that we were 2 months late on our payment. She told them i would call them when i got home from work. At that point they were closed.

I will attempt to contact them on Monday to see what has happened.

I know mistakes happen, this was by no fault of our own. I thought we had corrected it as soon as possible. I am sure this will have a negative impact on our credit rating. Just very frustrating.

johnstown, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2005 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMC-Mortgage-Company/Irving-Texas/EMC-Mortgage-Company-ripoff-Irving-Texas-156631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMC Mortgage Company