Complaint Review: EMC Mortgage Corporation

• Submitted: Wed, November 03, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, November 03, 2004

• Reported By:Coraopolis Pennsylvania
EMC Mortgage Corporation
909 Hidden Ridge #200 Irving, Texas U.S.A.

EMC Mortgage Company Paid other peoples' taxes with my money, had a wrong lot & block number, Irving Texas

Sent several thousand dollars more in school taxes than my actual bill was. I have been trying to straighten up this mess since July and their employees seem not to understand or really care about my situation.

In July, when my property that I just purchased a year before got assessed for the first time, I contacted my mortgage company--EMC Mortgage. I then sent them the tax bills that I received. I also noticed that they had the incorrect lot & block number associated with my account. Then I realized that they paid property taxes out of my account the year before, even though my assessment was 0 in the previous year. I let them know this also. I also discovered that the local taxes that were paid on my behalf was never received by the tax offfice. The tax office told my that it went to pay another persons' taxes since my lot & block number were incorrect. I called EMC almost daily to see if they were going to handle it. I got one incompetent after another and each, I found out later, did nothing to help me. Then this July, when I got my school tax bill in the mail for the amount of $3843.25, I called them and then faxed it to them to the fax number they told me. Well when I got my next statement, I noticed that they sent in $6406.02 out of my escrow instead of the $3843.25. I don't know where they got this information. Again, I've been calling this mortgage company a few times a week. Here it is Nov. 2 and my accounts are not adjusted yet. The local tax office is very helpful, but they said they are limited because EMC just doesn't seem to care.

Coraopolis, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2004 06:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMC-Mortgage-Corporation/Irving-Texas-75038/EMC-Mortgage-Company-Paid-other-peoples-taxes-with-my-money-had-a-wrong-lot-block-numb-115892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMC Mortgage Corporation