Louisiana

• Submitted: Fri, November 14, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 14, 2008

• Reported By:Ypsilanti Michigan
EMC Mortgage Corporation
Irving TX Irving, Texas U.S.A.

EMC Mortgage Corporation Adding another property to the ones they already have!!!! Irving Texas

My home was set to be placed in foreclosure I called last week as I have been calling this company everytime my mortgage goes up, I spoke with a representative named Monica, she was kind of rude at first and when I told her that I was trying to keep the property she said to me let's go through your finances. We went through all that and she said to me well you would only have $40 for the month left over. I have 3 kids and a husband, what am I going to do with $40 per month???? She made sure I knew that she had "cushioned" some of the figures to try to help me out. I asked her so can you lower the payment so that I can have more than $40 per month left over, she told me that I have to pay for 3 months on time, which I have done in the past and they still wouldn't lower the payment, when I called back, as instructed, to see if they would redo the loan I was told no, because you paid the payment on time you can afford it. Then she says to me that the payment has adjusted again and that I would have to pay the astronomical figure of $1,900.00 per month I told her we can't afford that, and to top it off I will be losing my job in January and what will happen then??? She says to me "oh it will be even worse then", So I asked her so what you're telling me is you cannot help me and she said that's right! I said so do you have any suggestions and she said "sell the property". I also asked her if they would be willing to do a "deed in lieu of forclosure" and very short, she says no it's too late because it takes 60 to 90 days to do that and the property will be auctioned off next Wednesday. At that point it was obvious to me that they were not willing to assist me. Also note that with the many programs out there for mortgage assistance I tried to go to another bank and when they looked my mortgage with EMC the lady said oh my God! They have added an extra $18,000.00 to your mortgage over the last year or so, and that I now owe $161,000.00 for a home that we paid $97,000.00 for in 1997. Go figure!!!

Pamela
Ypsilanti, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2008 11:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMC-Mortgage-Corporation/Irving-Texas/EMC-Mortgage-Corporation-Adding-another-property-to-the-ones-they-already-have-Irving-391248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMC Mortgage Corporation