Complaint Review: EMC Mortgage Corporation

• Submitted: Sat, May 17, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, August 11, 2004

• Reported By:Clarksville Tennessee
EMC Mortgage Corporation
Unknown Irving, Texas U.S.A.

EMC Mortgage Corporation ripoff ,deceptive company ,the business that doesnt give a dam Irving Texas

*Consumer Comment: rip off... u.c. lending which went bankrupt and was transferred to emc mortgage.

I had a house fire in 2001. I sued the insurance company (Allstate) and settled out of court in May of 2003. Allstate had sent EMC a check for a substantial amount to pay for damages or pay on the mortgage. EMC took it upon theirselves to put the money in a restricted escrow account (earning interest) This money was recieved by EMC in April of 2002.
When I finally got through to the right person to inquire about this money; they told me I would not get the interest, nor would they back date the payment and apply to my mortgage. Had it been appiled to the mortgage, my house would have been paid off and I could be rebuilding. Now I must wait to get the house paid off and then try to start rebuilding.

Leonard
Clarksville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2003 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMC-Mortgage-Corporation/Irving-Texas/EMC-Mortgage-Corporation-ripoff-deceptive-company-the-business-that-doesnt-give-a-dam-Ir-57310. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMC Mortgage Corporation

AUTHOR: Jean - (U.S.A.)

I was previously with u.c. lending which went bankrupt and was transferred to emc mortgage. Since I have been with emc my mortgage has always been past due and the note never goes down. I have also paid 2 and 3 notes in one month to catch up but never do. It seems to have no effect. I get harrassing calls all the time and don't know what to do any more. If anyone has advice please help. My note has actually gone up instead of down. You would think with 3 payments in 1 month it would have gone down. but nothing.