Complaint Review: EMC Mortgage Corporation

• Updated: Wed, February 10, 2010

• Reported By: burntborrower — Lake Park Florida United States of America
EMC Mortgage Corporation
2780 Lake Vista Dr. Lewisville, Texas United States of America

EMC Mortgage Corporation Unfair Trade Practice - Violation of Fair Debt Collection Act Lewisville, Texas

I believe EMC is in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and engaged in Deceptive Business Practices. I have been in contact with EMC for over a year now to try to resolve a mortgage debt on a residential property. At all times the loan was kept current and I spoke to several different EMC reps trying to negotiate a modification, deed in lieu, or short sale. I informed EMC that after the December 2009 payment I could no longer keep the account current. I timely responded to all EMC's demands to proceed with each endeavor. However on several occasions I was told that i had to resubmit my information, purposely stalling the process. Finally in October of 2009, Lisa Lopez informed me via telephone that EMC would accept a deed in lieu of foreclosure. She told me she had referred the case to an attorney to perform a title search and that I will have the formal paperwork within two weeks. Since November I have had no contact with Lisa. I have called several times, but when I ask for her I am placed on hold and then disconnected. On over 15 instances, I have been placed on hold from anywhere between 8 minutes to 12 minutes, before I am ultimately disconnected, not speaking to anyone.

After not hearing a single word from EMC for two months, they began calling me a couple of times every week to collect the now past due balance, assessing fees and interest. I question every representative, regarding the status of the deed in lieu, and every single representative has given a different answer. Only the most recent call on about February 3, did Esmeralda confirm that the notes indicate the deed in lieu should have been submitted but that no one had done any work on the it since November. I tried to follow up with Esmeralda but she could not give me her extension, or email address, but she reassured me to just ask for her by name.

On February 10, 2010 I called EMC's loan resolution department, per her instructions and asked for Esmeralda. Kimberly, then informed me that she didn't know Esmeralda and there was no possible way for her to find out who Esmeralda was or accordingly, to contact her. EMC has completely lied to me, promised me the situation would be resolved. Not only has it not been resolved absolutely no work has been done on it. It has just been a scam to induce me to fall behind on the mortgage payments and be charged fees, penalties, and interest, and now they won't even respond to my calls.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2010 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMC-Mortgage-Corporation/Lewisville-Texas-75067/EMC-Mortgage-Corporation-Unfair-Trade-Practice-Violation-of-Fair-Debt-Collection-Act-L-567381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMC Mortgage Corporation