• Report: #202805

• Submitted: Tue, July 25, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, July 25, 2006

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
EMC Mortgage
P.O. Box 141358 Irving,, Texas U.S.A.

EMC Mortgage Corporation ripoff Charging me Home Owners Insurance knowing I was paying for this on my own due to the type of loan. Irving Texas

My husband and I have paid off our loan with EMC Mortgage. We did not want to deal with their late fees. Even though we paid our payments on their due dates, we were still being charge late fees. Along with that. We were charged for Home Owner's Insurance Coverage. Our Loan was a B-C Loan and we never had a problem with all other Mortgage Companies that have taken over our loan during our 8 year loan. EMC charged us for insurance even though we had to provide them with the Declaration Page of our current provider. They kept telling us they never received the fax. So they continued to charge insurance. This is illegal. You cannot be charged twice for insurance, and this is what I kept letting them know. Now that we have gone to another Lender, which we are now happy with. They have not refunded our what they call ESCROW!!!!, Our insurance refund. Everytime we call they seem to have another work order open, but no refund. We were not hesitant to pay them off. They have been paid off for over two months and we still have not had our refund. THEY ARE CERTAINLY RIPOFFS!!!!!!! Everytime we ask for a Manager, they never transfer. We are so happy to not have to deal with them once this is over. We will NEVER use EMC MORTGAGE again!

San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2006 10:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMC-Mortgage/Irving-Texas-75014-1358/EMC-Mortgage-Corporation-ripoff-Charging-me-Home-Owners-Insurance-knowing-I-was-paying-for-202805. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMC Mortgage