Complaint Review: EMC Mortgage

• Submitted: Thu, May 28, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, May 28, 2009

• Reported By:Monroeville Pennsylvania
EMC Mortgage
www.emcmortgage.com Irving, Texas U.S.A.

EMC Mortgage EMC mortgage rips you off even when you pay on time. Irving Texas

Initially, I took out a debt-consolidation mortgage with Superior Bank, which was not even adequate bank. They folded and my mortgage was assumed by EMC in May of 2002. My original loan required payment every 28 days, rather than every month. The letter in which EMC announced that they would be taking over the loan instructed me to continue to follow the terms of the original loan. Six months later, never having so much as a late payment, and certainly never missing a payment, I received notice of intent to forclose. I ignored all the fraudulant paperwork with advice to call ACORN due to the fact that I was not in need of their services and called EMC directly.

I spoke with a nice young lady in customer service who sounded somewhat bewildered when I announced my name, account number, amount of payments made and assured her that I had proof of those payments in front of me. She acknowledged that those payments were received. I asked, in a somewhat unfriendly tone, "Then why do I have a notice of intent to foreclose in front of me?"

She sounded genuinely surprised and said that I should not have received that. Eventually she explained that it must have occurred when the acquired accounts that were based on a 28 day payment schedule were entered into the computer. This was SIX MONTHS after the accounts were acquired from Superior.

Much correspondence was sent and received over the next year. I was thoroughly disgusted that they would not even agree to cut my rate by one percent although they had caused so much anguish to me and to my mother, who was 83 at the time. Eventually I remortgaged and thought that was the end of it, but no.

I recently checked my credit record, having sensed something adverse must be in my report and knowing it could not be correct. Sure enough, the filthy rats at EMC/Bear Sterns have resurrected their fraudulant statement that I did not pay my mortgage for six months. Now exactly how I'm still in the house at the same address, I am at a loss to explain if I didn't pay the mortgage for six months.

Monroeville, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2009 11:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMC-Mortgage/Irving-Texas/EMC-Mortgage-EMC-mortgage-rips-you-off-even-when-you-pay-on-time-Irving-Texas-456398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMC Mortgage