Complaint Review: EMC Mortgage

• Submitted: Sun, November 14, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, November 14, 2010

• Reported By: Oriana — Yardley Pennsylvania United States of America
EMC Mortgage
2780 Lake Vista Drive, Lewisville, TX 75029 Lewisville, Texas United States of America

EMC Mortgage Short Sale Refusal Lewisville, Texas

After being given the run around for a loan modification (by the way, I too, was told to not pay my mortgage while waiting for the loan modification, and in consequence my credit was ruined. Also, 50 percent of the people told me I qualified for the loan modification and 50 percent did not), I decided after 7 months to short sale my property.  After finding a buyer, having all paperwork completed, the title was in the process to fund a few days ago. The deadline for the property to close on Friday Novemember 12th (mind you, it was initially supposed to close on the 15th). Due to the holiday, the money to fund was going to arrive a day late, and my agent requested an extension to Monday morning.  The negotiator flat out refused and for no reason is now set to foreclose on my property. Now tell me, what would it have taken for this man to extend the closing to one more day? My agent, the buyer's agent and all people involved in this process do not know why he is refusing. Is he going to get more money from the insurance that covers the company during foreclosure? How is this helping the consumer?? Is it possible that they can get away with this? What rights do I have as a consumer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2010 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMC-Mortgage/Lewisville-Texas-75029/EMC-Mortgage-Short-Sale-Refusal-Lewisville-Texas-661832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMC Mortgage