Complaint Review: EMERGE MASTERCARD - Providian

• Submitted: Thu, November 13, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, November 13, 2003

• Reported By:Ft . Leonardwood Missouri
EMERGE MASTERCARD - Providian
PO BOX 10567 ATLANTA, Georgia U.S.A.

EMERGE MASTERCARD - Providian ripoff Jacked up APR to 29.99%, why should our accounts be sold to another company who doubles the APR. ATLANTA Georgia

I had the Get Smart Visa and always made my payments above and beyond the minimum amount and had no problems, UNTIL it was sold to PROVIDIAN AKA EMERGE and now my balance never seems to diminish.

I always pay above my minimum amount and I have not made a purchase on this card on over 3 months, yet my balance never seems to decrease. Someone please tell me how are we suppose to ever pay the balance off when all the entire payment goes towards finance and interest charge.

So I closed this account out and I will just pay the balance off so it won't affect my credit. Something really needs to be done about this company, the way it is ripping customers off is ridiculous and why should our accounts be sold to another company who doubles the APR. Its a RIPOFF!

Sara
Ft . Leonardwood, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2003 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMERGE-MASTERCARD-Providian/ATLANTA-Georgia-30348-5667/EMERGE-MASTERCARD-Providian-ripoff-Jacked-up-APR-to-2999-why-should-our-accounts-be-s-71829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMERGE MASTERCARD - Providian