Complaint Review: EMERGE - PROVIDIAN CREDIT CARD

• Submitted: Tue, February 10, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, February 10, 2004

• Reported By:Washington District of Columbia
EMERGE - PROVIDIAN CREDIT CARD
www.emergecard.com Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

EMERGE - PROVIDIAN CREDIT CARD ripoff Atlanta Georgia

July 2002 I paid off $2,000(which was more than half of my savings then) of a $4,000 Providan cred card balance, based on Customer Serv confirmation that my account will be "reviewed" and strong possibility of subsequent reduction of finance charges.

Voila! PROVIDIAN became Emerge, who wiped out my then credit limit of $3,000 (which I built very very hard since 1999), also I continued to be charged 24+% finance and yearly fees for an Emerge credit card I wasnt "good enough in credit standing" to have! I would find out two to three months later. I wasted so much time, energy and money to follow up this account, even while I was overseas, I felt helpless then as I still do now.

And so today, after the shock of seeing multitudes of complaints against this company, I filed my case.
Enough, someone else needs to be penalized, other than consumers who have been acting in GOOD FAITH, ALL THESE YEARS.

Ruby
Washington, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2004 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMERGE-PROVIDIAN-CREDIT-CARD/Atlanta-Georgia/EMERGE-PROVIDIAN-CREDIT-CARD-ripoff-Atlanta-Georgia-79925. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMERGE - PROVIDIAN CREDIT CARD