Complaint Review: EMI American Leisure

• Reported By: Scott — Wantagh New York United States of America
EMI American Leisure
4501 Forbes Boulevard Lanham, Maryland United States of America

EMI American Leisure Charged my card $89.95, NO REFUND! Lanham, Maryland

I recently ordered a product call "Shoes Under" from as seen on TV, its a cheap little shoe organizer for $20 bucks that my girlfriend wanted. First off i was charged twice and it took almost two months to be delivered to my house. I had totally forgotten about it considering they never sent an e-mail conformation/tracking # or receipt. After opening my package along with the packing slip was a check for $3.50 with my name on it, that's it, just a check with my name. Actually it said it was a gift haha. A few days after i took my sister to a check cashing place and i cashed my big $3.50! Exactly a week later there was a charge on my card from EMI American Leisure for $89.95. I called them they told me by cashing that check i became a "club member." A club member for what? I still dont know. I demanded a refund but they claimed all they can do was cancel my membership to make sure i dont get charged monthly. So basically i spent $130.00 for a cheap little product and a club membership to god knows where.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2010 02:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMI-American-Leisure/Lanham-Maryland-20706/EMI-American-Leisure-Charged-my-card-8995-NO-REFUND-Lanham-Maryland-610397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMI American Leisure